Hello All

mambo

Hi everyone, I just want to introduce myself to the forum. I came across the site earlier today and did some lurking around. :p It's great to see how everyone is so supportive of each other. I have started on the Cambridge diet on June 10th and have lost a few pounds. I even have my little ticker set up below which just made me realise that I'm about half way there!

I am male, 28, and 5'9 to give you an indication of the shape I'm in. I've always been overweight, even as a kid and tried a few times to loose it. It has always bugged me through the years. I am actually fairly sporty but I guess my eating habits have always negated any physical activity.

So what have I been doing for the last two and a half months? Well, once I decided that I needed to do something more formal in loosing weight, I signed up with for Cambridge diet where I take the shakes and have my weekly weigh-ins. In addition I have been training well, running 5-8k twice a week religiously and then doing one other training session. I am dieting most days, but to be honest I have had plenty of blow-outs along the way. Most of my social life resolves around, well, partying with the lads at the week-end, but I have just kind of "disappeared" for a while. I find I can do 3-4 days in a row really clean and then eat something I shouldn’t and then start again for another few days.

Anyway, a fair few nights out and a constant battle against my arch enemy - PIZZA have slowed my progress somewhat but I realise that doing this is probably why I am still motivated 10 weeks or so in. The reality is that I am now eating much less calories than before and there are many more good days than bad.

Anyway, looking forward to see what you all have to say, some of the success stories, especially the pictures, have already been really motivating :p

Hello and :welcome2:

Well done on your weight loss so far :happy096:
And good luck with the rest of your journey ! You can do it :D

You sound really motivated to do it mate and we are here for you, try your best to realise the things that hold you back and not let them win as in the pizza... Minstrels were my downfall as I realised I just had to end my relatonship with them completely so put a full stop on all choc 4 weeks ago. It wasnt easy as I suffered really really bad headaches and still the odd one but I realise now 4 weeks later the difference as I actually dont even want sweet stuff so i must have just craved it .
I hope some of this helps and stick with us cos we are fun to be with too.x

hi and :welcome: to the forums! Well done on your weight loss so far. You sound motivated and that will help you loads. Everyone on here is great and there is loads of support and advice available!

Wishing you the very best of luck on your weight loss journey

Sharkbait1983 x

Welcome to the forum, it is a great place here, well done on your weight loss so far. :)

sounds like you're doing well so far.
good luck to you with the rest of your journey:)

Back