Hello and 9 to go...

Hi folks. My name is Jennie and after much faffing about I'm back on slim and save and DETERMINED to see it through until I am at goal. Feel like the past few years I have stumbled and tripped from one diet to the next without much real success. Around 4 years ago and weighing 20st 2lbs, I joined Lighterlife and lost over 10 stone. I didn't complete the refeed, went on holiday and gained 20 lbs. Add to that another pregnancy and slipping back into old ways I am now back to 17st 11.25lbs. Whilst that's not as much than some, I am only 4'11" so my bmi is around 50. I really want to be healthier for both myself and my family. I've brought 4 kids into this world and feel that I at least owe them to try and look after myself enough to be here to see them grow up. So just thought I would introduce myself. I've been lurking for a few days, reading everyone's post, seems like a great bunch of really supportive people :-D

Welcome to wemitts. I love your determination and reasons behind it. So positive go you. Yeah our heights play a role in this, I started off with a BMI nearly 51 but weighed a lot more but am taller. So its all relative I think. Good luck and I look forward to reading about your progress.

Hi Jennie
I am new today and weigh around the same as you at 5 ft 2. I have just been diagnosed with early onset osteoarthritis so I need to get this weight off once and for all! I weighed 22.5 stone at my heaviest and there is no way I want to go back there!
Im eating sensibly, cutting down portion size and going to be as active as my joints allow!
Hope to keep track of your progress and maybe we can keep each other going!
EKC x

Thanks guys. I haven't even told any of my family/ friends that I am dieting. Other than my hubby. I just can't be done with the comments - some helpful some almost hurtful! Everyone seems to have an opinion when it comes to me losing weight and keeping it off :mad: At the end of the day I am doing what is right for me! So glad this site is here, people who actually know what I am going through! Really looking forward to getting to know you all better :)

Thanks guys. I haven't even told any of my family/ friends that I am dieting. Other than my hubby. I just can't be done with the comments - some helpful some almost hurtful! Everyone seems to have an opinion when it comes to me losing weight and keeping it off :mad: At the end of the day I am doing what is right for me! So glad this site is here, people who actually know what I am going through! Really looking forward to getting to know you all better :)

I know what you mean before I started this everyone had a view about my weight and told me how/why I should lose it. Only you can know that and it does get annoying. I get little support away from here so this place has really helped. Doing what is right for you is the only way to go.

Good luck Jennie .. You are definately in the right place for help and support.. X

hi hun
good luck hun i second marie you will get plenty of support from people on here xxx

Hi jennie, glad you joined! it's so motivating here everyone is so supportive. giving yourself health is the best gift you can give your kids and yourself, well done for making the choice!

Well first weigh in this morning and I'm down 9.75lbs. Over the moon :D Just need to keep it up. Now for week 2....

OH MY GOSH! Thats such a huge weightloss congratulations! what have you been doing to lose so much! keep up the good work.

well done jennie

Back