Hello and a question from a newbie

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by mackeroo, 31 July 2009 Social URL.

1. mackeroo

mackeroo New Member

:happy036:Yay i found you guys!!
    Was giving up hope that there was a forum for us xenicalians (is that such a word??) probs not! ;)
    Just wanted to pop in and say hi
    I have been on xenical for almost 2 weeks now and im also a member of Scottish Slimmers. I didnt lose any weight the first week i was on it and couldnt understand why, however im going to stick with it and see what happens

I have not had ANY side effects at all and was thinking that it therefore couldnt be working, but i guess coz im following a low fat diet maybe i wont get the side effects...therefore my question is..if i dont eat alot of fat how does xenical work?? Im almost 18 stone so have a hefty amount to lose
    Look forward to getting to know you all
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. alibalibee

alibalibee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi there and welcome to Minimins :) Xenical works by blocking the absorption of 30% of the fat in the food you eat. If you eat very low fat/no fat, then there is nothing for the Xenical to work on, but as you are eating a low fat diet, then you would still lose weight from not eating medium/high fat foods.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.