Hello, any other vegans here?

agent44

Hello,

I signed up for SW online last night on somewhat of a whim. I've been trying to shift some weight all year and just going back and forth with the same five pounds or so, and decided that I needed a plan to stick to rather than go it alone. SW has worked well for me in the past (OK, about 12 years ago now!) but not since I have become vegan. So far I think it will work really well with a vegan diet and I am feeling quite positive about it! Are there many other vegans on SW here, would love to buddy up and share tips and ideas! And really, that last bit goes to anyone, not just vegans :D

There are some older threads which deal with this so have a search and you'll find them. Think there's also some in the diary threads. Good luck and welcome. Even if it was on a whim you are lucky to have stumbled across minimins wish I had long ago cos its really kept me going through difficult bits. :)

Thanks, yeah I have had a bit of a look at old threads, discovered some free sausages which made me happy, lol! Looking at my start date I discovered this place a while ago but I don't think previously I have been very committed.

agent44 said:
Thanks, yeah I have had a bit of a look at old threads, discovered some free sausages which made me happy, lol! Looking at my start date I discovered this place a while ago but I don't think previously I have been very committed.

Ah am on my phone so can't see any stats. Just time of posting. You've dived in so you have to commit now ;-)

I've just restarted SW, and I am vegan :) It does fit well within SW, well, apart from the healthy extras, which I struggle with a bit! (though that's probably my own fault for not really liking milk replacements!)

I understand what you mean about the healthy extras, I do recall at groups in the past members being told to have extra B choices if they couldn't eat any A choices, so maybe that's worth a try.

As for me, the past couple of weeks has been a certified disaster, I have been off work with a stomach bug and haven't been able to follow the plan properly at all. I restarted on Monday and have *just* about managed to stick to it, although Monday I ate exatly zilch! Oddly enough, I expected to have dropped a few pounds given the nature of what's been up with me, but nope, not a sausage! Ah well, hopefully this will be a better start for me and I can really get stuck in next week. I've been thinking hard about food ideas, and have a few things to try now I am back up to eating again!

Back