Hello! Anyone also starting with a BMI of 50+ ?

luizarios

Hello,

I am a 25 year old, living in the UK. I am a fussy eater with a terrible addiction for sweets so I am starting a new diet and I am going cold turkey, no sweets for me for a long long time now. I also have hypothyroid (slow metabolism) and take a huge dose of Thyroid tablets everyday to see if I can make my metabolism a bit more normal.

In 2009 I reached my heaviest by then, 18 stones!! Then I managed to lose 6 stones but I let myself go again, so now I decide to face the scales and guess what?? I weight 22 stones!!! now I have a LOT of weight to lose and sometimes I feel dishearten but I am hoping this forum will help with my motivation.

My biggest diet enemies are sweets and my personal lack of achievement (no matter how much weight I lose in a week I never think I've lost enough) :( I am also very impatient, anxious and tend to obsess about diet (read, watch, talk, think about it 24/7) so hoping I will be able to keep those enemies at a bay this time..

I wonder if there is someone with the same amount of weight to lose? All posts I've seen so far have been of people who only need to lose 2-5 stones, is there anyone there needing to lose more than 10 stones? It's such a long way and I hope to find someone in the same situation I am really scared I will let myself go again and end up like those people who can't move because they are so obese :(

Hi i'm new to this site in fact any site , i was 25st2lb am now 22st 8lb i did slimming world but fancied a change and joined weight watchers. I have to lose at least 10 more stone, i'm 45 and if i don't do it now i never will! Any help will be great and i hope i can help other's to.

Hi i'm new to this site in fact any site , i was 25st2lb am now 22st 8lb i did slimming world but fancied a change and joined weight watchers. I have to lose at least 10 more stone, i'm 45 and if i don't do it now i never will! Any help will be great and i hope i can help other's to.

Hello :) first of all, congratulations on losing 2 stones 8 pounds :D that is brilliant! It's good to know I am not the only one with a lot to lose but I am sure we can make it :) One pound at a time :) How you finding the WW versus Slimming World?

I like sw because you can eat loads but it can be expensive and there are only so many curries, chilli's and cassaroles i can eat, i wanted a diet with normal food so if i'm out i can just grab something and if i want a pizza or takeaway i can have it and being superfat has 1 benefit, i get 48 propoints a day and that go's an awful long way. I have fibromyalgia and depression (don't worry i don't go on about it) but not sure all the meds help tho i'm aware double decker's crisps and takeaway aren't great either - who knew ?

Hi Luizarios

I also have that amount of weight to lose, in fact I have 17 stones to lose to be the healthy weight I should be, and I could have written your post, I am finding it harder and harder to deal with the toll that this weight is putting on my body, and I am desperate to lose it, I just have no direction in which to go...

Its hard work isn't it ? People don't realise what an emotional rollercoaster it is to lose alot of weight, just to be less then 20st would feel skinny to me ! I'd be super pleased to lose 10 stone but my ideal weight for height etc. Means i should lose another 12 ! So i really know what you are going thru. I'm not looking to be perfect anymore or skinny or sexy or any of that, i just want healthy, socially acceptable, to be able to buy clothes of the peg, not die in heat and be scared to go out in the snow in case i fall (who could pick me up ?) And the luxery of knowing if i died in the night a wall wouldn't have to be knocked out to get me out ! I am literally scared if i died i wouldn't fit in a coffin ! On a positive note tho, i do feel the benefit of the 2+ stone i lost and altho i know mine is a long journey i also know i don't have to be at my goal weight to feel better, every stone i lose is a clothes size smaller snd an inch of confidence more and an easier breath to take and steps further i can walk, so as well as a weight loss diary maybe keep an achievements diary it may just be what keeps you going in darker times :)

Heya just checking in to see if your ok ? Not seen anything on here from you, its really tough i know i've had a rubbish couple of weeks and gained weight again, its so disapointing and i feel so out of control and rubbish when this happens but that is why this site is here so wecan help each other. I'm back on it today but have some making up to do ! If only i lost it as quick as i can gain it ! :)

Hiya! Don't know if you're still around, but if you are you should check out the WEMITTs section, which is the part of the forum for people with a lot of weight to lose, regardless of what plan they're following. It's under Slimming Clubs, and is a very lively and supportive place. I myself had around 10 stone to lose when I started. :) xx

Thank you that sounds right up my street ! Well done to you 10 stone is a massive amount to lose i need to lose 10 / 11st myself so i'm needing all the support i can get ! :)

maree68 said:
Thank you that sounds right up my street ! Well done to you 10 stone is a massive amount to lose i need to lose 10 / 11st myself so i'm needing all the support i can get ! :)

Thank you! I've only lost 9 stone so far, but I'm getting there! :) xx

Only lost 9 stones ! Thats huge ! You should be so proud i know what you must have gone thru to get to this point and you deserve massive congratulations ! I am struggling so much i'm not sure if i need a slimmimg club or a therapist ! :confused:

maree68 said:
Only lost 9 stones ! Thats huge ! You should be so proud i know what you must have gone thru to get to this point and you deserve massive congratulations ! I am struggling so much i'm not sure if i need a slimmimg club or a therapist ! :confused:

Oh thank you! I am pleased to have got this far - just need that last stone off now, lol. I know exactly what you mean about needing a therapist - so much of weight loss is to do with the head, not the body. I still have massive food issues - food is my major means of recreation, and I don't think I can change that after 51 years, it's just who I am. So it's all about controlling the extent of it and being able to compartmentalise my overeating, so to speak. For example, I've just had a week off work, which is rare for me, and I set myself a calorie allowance that would allow me to enjoy my break without sacrificing more than a few pounds of my weight loss. Back at work tomorrow, so back into weight loss mode - it's being at the point where I can get straight back on it like that which is making the difference this time round. That probably makes no sense, except in my head, lol. :D xx

No i know what your saying. What diet have you been following ? I did well with slimming world but then fancied a change so tried weightwstcher's but on reflection i found slimming world easier so i may go back to it again !

maree68 said:
No i know what your saying. What diet have you been following ? I did well with slimming world but then fancied a change so tried weightwstcher's but on reflection i found slimming world easier so i may go back to it again !

I'm a calorie counter, I've never done anything else really. :) xx

Well its certainly worked ! Well done, another monday another go at trying to stick to a diet, i've done it before i can do it again. I hope ! :)

Hi, i would love to chat, My names Rebecca, I am 25 and from north west england 2 :) i weigh 22 stone and lost 5lbs in my first week, am weighing in again today. i want to get down to around 11 so have 11 to lose which sounds so daunting and scary but i have had enough now and it needs to go. I would love to chat on here or email :) x

Heya, what diet plan are you following ? I'm back on slimming world simply because i know it works. I stopped going to group when i hit a rough patch (big mistake) and of the 4st i lost i have regained about 2st aaaaarrgh !!! Hope to get back to group tomorrow and start again properly. :eek:

I'm just doing it my self and recording everything on my fitness pal, which is a fab app. At the moment I am sticking to 1300 calories which I think is about right :-/ lost 2 stone on weight watchers few years ago but gave up, never tried slimming world before. I am wanting to start exercise as well but honestly don't know we're to start :-(

Well my BMI wasn't in the 50's but I was nearly 23st, and needed to lose just over 9st.

All I can say is, you have all the power to do this. Only thing that can possibly stop yourself is you! And you won't let that happen, right?

Cold turkey from all the junk would require immense determination. I personally eat whatever I want, one day a week on Sundays. Normal people eat crappy food, so I do too! I just moderate it. Lots of users on here have been successful by cheat days once a month or week.

Your weight loss is the preparation for the rest of your life, practice your new lifestyle. Stay strict, try and keep active. But remember to leave breathing room so you don't become overwhelmed. Make a permanent change, adapt to it, and you are set for success!

Just think of yourself in a year, make these next 12 months count!

That's my two cents anyway!

That's an amazing amount of weight to lose, we'll done. How long did it take you?

Back