Hello beauties :)

10st10lbs

Gold Member
I'm back! Well, kind of.

Since my dad passed away, I have slipped back into my old eating habits, so as not to inconvenience everyone else. I have quite a big extended family, who all live within 10 miles of me, so every day, someone or other is over at my house. It makes it difficult for me to prepare food for myself, because everyone wants to help in the kitchen. I now just eat whatever everyone else eats, which is OK because it's not that unhealthy, but it's not right for me anymore. We're also trying to keep house shopping to once a week, max, unless it is absolutely essential, which makes a lot more sense than running out to the corner shop every day for something or other, but I don't like buying anything that isn't on the list for all of us to have. I don't want the rest of the house to have to change their eating habits to match mine for the sake of it, but I don't want to gain all the weight I very slowly lost all over again, so I have to do something about it. That's why I am going to try and come back to MiniMins every day and continue my food diary, if nothing else. I downloaded the app onto my iPod touch (props to Mini and Pierce, it's a brilliant app!) so I have no excuse not to keep you guys up to date with my daily eatings. I want to lose maybe another stone to feel comfortable within myself, but for now I am willing to take it a week at a time, purely because I know that in 19 days, my house will once again be full with family from London, and we will be ordering food from caterers to feed approx 100 people. In the mean time, I think I'll be stocking up on low fat super noodles, fat free yoghurts, and other stuff that you lovely people suggest for me! I'm looking for quick-fix foods, filling foods, things I can munch on while I'm revising in the middle of the night... I know I can rely on you guys to nudge me in the right direction when I start falling off the wagon... Help meeee!

Ali
xxx

Hi Ali, welcome back, and I offer my condolences on the loss of your father. I can appreciate that it is difficult for you to get back on plan, especially when you are cooking for a houseful, and that people will be wanting to feed you - it's how we show we care, in good times and in bad. There are a few tweaks you can make that won't affect the household, for example replacing oils with frylight, or synning any oils you use as part of the plan, making sure the meats you buy have the fat removed etc, and you can minimise any damage with small tweaks without it impinging on anyone else. But really, don't give yourself a hard time if you can't stick to plan- just do what you can when you can, once things settle down and you begin to feel a bit more normal then if you feel like it you can restart properly.

hugs xxx

Sorry to hear about your Dad, my sympathies to you and your family. Don't worry too much just do what you can XX

So sorry about your father.

Glad you are back with us,

hugs xxxx

Sorry to hear about your Dad, my sympathies to you and your family. Don't worry too much just do what you can XX

Thanks hun, the weather's not helping! No one feels like fruit salad for dessert or even veg salad with a meal... Ah, I think investment in little frozen veg packs is once again required! xxx

Nice to see you posting again honey - you come back when you are ready xxxx

Thank you hun, lovely to be back... And I love the new picture! Also really proud of you for how far you've come, how does it feel to have your current weight start with a 1? :) xxx

It's nice to see you again, I hope you are ok xx

Nice to see you too hun :) I'm OK, trudging along. Considering visiting the uni counselling service, I took their number down yesterday but am a bit apprehensive, I don't know why... xxx

So sorry about your father.

Glad you are back with us,

hugs xxxx

I'm glad to be back Sue, I actually caught myself thinking twice yesterday while I was putting food in my plate, mentally synning the different choices on the table! And this morning, I couldn't wait to get on here and update my food diary, even though I had 21 syns. Today is another day :) xxx

Good to see you posting again Ali. Take care of yourself, we are here for you :) xx

Thank you jaylou :) I will be trying to post a lot more to keep me sane during the next few weeks, if I feel like I have something to work for then I can probably start to channel and transfer that energy into revision for my exams and preparation for my assignments! xxx

Glad to see you back- missed you and look forward to your updates.

Missed you too hun, I pop over to your diary on my phone occasionally and it looks like you're about to have some fun with SiL! Hope you get a chance to show them our beautiful city centre ;) you should take her to the German markets and she can haggle like Pakistan :p xxx

Back