Hello Calorie Counting.

Wrinkly

Recovering chocoholic.
I have decided to leave WW on line and try calorie counting through a site called Food Focus. This is only day two so my fingers are crossed. :)

Hi Wrinkly, Did I misunderstand you I wonder? I thought that when you said you were leaving that you meant - leaving Minimins!
Good that you are trying something new and not just giving up per se.
I did have a look at Food Focus but am I right in that it does not include a forum?

How did your move go or are you still contemplating that?

Take care and all the best to you....:)

Hi Emmaline, I have sent you a PM. Food Focus is just for calorie counting but that's fine with me. I'm not a great poster - plus it's free.. :) I'm keeping Saturday as my weigh in day.

Edit.
About the move.
I talked it over with my family & decided to stay here. The garden bothers me but if it gets too much, I'll get help.

Good luck, remember we're here for you if you need any help

Hi Emmaline, I have sent you a PM. Food Focus is just for calorie counting but that's fine with me. I'm not a great poster - plus it's free.. :) I'm keeping Saturday as my weigh in day.

Edit.
About the move.
I talked it over with my family & decided to stay here. The garden bothers me but if it gets too much, I'll get help.

Yes, I am in the same position with my garden but the council here has a thing called "Mow and Grow" where for a small donation they send this team round who keep the garden tidy. Unfortunately, despite my asking some of them about their credentials as regard gardening which they assured me were good, they continually kept pulling up the mint that I had growing in a pot.
It is very frustrating tho' when you have been used to caring for your own garden and then cannot do it anymore, isn't it? Like lots of other things that has to be gotten used to as the years creep by.....:D
Lovely to hear from you and hope you will keep in touch if only on the very odd occasion..
Take care... Emmaline...:)

Well, I have lost 3lbs this week, my first calorie counting week, yay!

Last edited:
Thanks Emmaline, I think this way I can keep tabs better on Food Focus but it's only my first week & my enthusiasm is high. One of my granddaughters is getting married in August so I have a goal. :)

Just looked at your stats and I'm exactly the same as you, 5 ft 3 in and currently 160 lb and have also lost pretty much the same amount of weight so far, but by cc. I'm also hoping to reach target of at least 147 lbs or even hoping for 140 lb by August, as I'm going on a group holiday and don't want to be the fattest one in my swimwear.

Hi Tol116, You're doing better than me because I've been going longer. Lol, I've been dieting most of my adult life, one big yo-yo!

We both have August as a goal I see. It would be nice to keep comparing. I'm size 16 & have size 14 clothes from three years ago in my wardrobe & I'm darned if a charity shop is going to get them.

I'm sure you will make it into a great looking swimsuit. :)

Hi wrinkly, I too have been yo-yo dieting all my life and it seems (after reading all the info on here) that I have been doing it all wrong and probably messed my metabolism up in the process. I think my progress has had actually been slow compared to some of my weight losses in the past, but hey as you get older I think it does slow down, which is very frustrating and I didn't realize that once I hit 40, my daily calorie consumption is less.

I think I'm actually at the cusp of wearing size 14, I tried on some size 14 jeans last week, which I could get on but with a bit of a muffin top, so hopefully will be able to fit into them after losing a few more pounds.

Heres hoping that this will be my last diet!

Thank you Fattack, My goodness you are doing wonderfully well! :)

Back