Hello Chickens

Hi ya :D
My Name is Sara, I'm 22, and I live in Bristol.
I've been overweight since I can remember, but I've never really done anything about it.
Last year I joined Slimming World and I lost 6lbs in my first week, but in my second week I gained 1/2 lb and quit doing the diet. :eek:
Since last year I have decided that I really need to do something about my weight before it gets any worse. I still have my Slimming World books (shhh don't tell anybody) so I thought I'd pick it up again, but I can't afford to start going to the meetings again, so I'm doing it alone.

Hopefully you guys won't look down on me to much for not actually doing the meetings. :eek:

Any questions or tips are more then welcome. :D

:sign0144:Hi Sara, i like you, are trying this without the weekly meetings. I have been on slimming world diets a few times all with varying degrees of sucess. I lose some weight then get bored and the weight fluctuates by a pound or two and i eventually give up. This time i hope to succeed by using this site and getting inspiration from everyone. Good luck on your journey!;)

Hi Sara
:welcome2: I think there's probably lots of us out there doing the same thing. I'm partly doing my own thing but using my old WW stuff as guidance. I guess its more important to do whatever works best for you !
Good luck with the weight loss - keep us posted with your progress.

*waves* , welcome to the forum :) ... Im doing WW on my own, like you say I just cannot justify the meetings cost atm (mind you the amount I was spending on takeaways I could probably pay for us all lol!!)

Good luck on your first week x

Hi Sara, welcome to the forum. where in Bristol are you? Plenty of people are going it alone and none of us will judge you for that. What orks for one person may not work for another. Good luck this time around, we are all here to help you along the way x

Hi Sara, you'll find everyone here is very friendly, believe me.

Welcome.

Hi Sara, welcome to the forum. where in Bristol are you? Plenty of people are going it alone and none of us will judge you for that. What orks for one person may not work for another. Good luck this time around, we are all here to help you along the way x

I'm in Bedminster. :eek:

I'm in Bedminster. :eek:
Hiya im not far from you either. I did a search for Brizzol peeps.:D
Hope your still posting.
I dont do diet groups or plans, i cant mould myself to them and its a nightmare. I'm home grown/ or home shrunk...i hope!
We all have slip ups, and we all suffer in different ways inside, but we are all aware of each others fight to be healthier.

Hope your doing ok:)

good luck girls x

Hi Sara

Welcome to the forum.

I'm going to join weight watchers this week. The thing I think works the most on such programs is the group meetings. I think it's very motivating and it makes you accountable.

But if you really are short on money, you are sure to find that same motivation here.

Good luck with your efforts. I know we can do it

Hiya im not far from you either. I did a search for Brizzol peeps.:D
Hope your still posting.
I dont do diet groups or plans, i cant mould myself to them and its a nightmare. I'm home grown/ or home shrunk...i hope!
We all have slip ups, and we all suffer in different ways inside, but we are all aware of each others fight to be healthier.

Hope your doing ok:)
I'm in Bristol too :)

Hi Taz!
I was looking last week to find a Bristol diet Buddy. Then people started posting om my log...what a lovely friendly place this is.
Then yesterday i thought out of curiosity id see how many of us are here:) maybe we could do a celebration evening dinner or something. Once we all reach our targets :D:D

Hello Sara- stick to it and u will loose - with or without the meetings - goodluck Hun xxx :bighugs:

Back