Hello - Day 1

preshnit

Hello

Today is day 1 for me on Lighter Life.

I have had a banana shake (nice) and chicken soup (hmmmm) so far and am feeling very positive.

I have around 5-6 stone ideally to shift.

I look forward to 'meeting' you all and learning from those already on the diet.

Off for a good read of the forum now. xx

WOW!! Seeing all of these weekly weight loss charts is very motivating. I am giving myself until Xmas to really make a massive difference in my appearance and by looking at ohers losses, I think I will do it. No no no...I WILL do it!

Hi Preshnit, welcome!! :)
Good luck on the program - it really does work wonders if you LET it work for you and most importantly let it change the way you think and behave.

LL certainly opened my eyes to my behaviour and habits around food - and life in general... Made me change to become a better person too. :) It's been a very long, emotional and enlightening journey, for sure!

Hi hunny & welcome!

The first 3 days are difficult but put your mind it and get past that and things get so much easier as you will be in Ketosis.

The CBT is amazing and really helps you adress the underlying issues with food. I actually didnt think I had one, its surreal the things that come to light, some stuff i burried away and forgot about unto i got into the group sessions.

Space your packs evenly, I do 8am, 12, 4pm, 8pm or did I am on Lite now (1 meal a day) due to medical reasons. Make sure you drink plenty of water as thats what makes to weight go for sure. You should average a stone a month so you should be easily at goal by christmas.

This place has been like a lifeline for me, I couldn't have lost as much as I have without the support from the gorgeous girls on here. If you struggle be sure to read the diaries as they contain so much great advice.

Good luck hun, look forward to hearing how you get on xxx

Thanks guys.

I felt so emotional at the meeting last night (which isn't very like me I must be honest) I just felt I was havng a bit of a light bulb moment. I am so in the ZONE. I wish I could can this day 1 motivation.

I have just had my 3rd food pack, chilli. First thought was 'this is dog food' but I must say by the last mouthfull I found it quite scrummy. I still have 1 to go, I think I'll have a choccie shake in front of the TV soon (as a substitute to my usual TV gorging)

I'm excited to get going, get more active and live a better life.

Off to look at the diaries. xx

Aw well done hun. I only like the shakes and bars, although not the choc one. Make sure you really get the lumps out of it not sure why but it doesnt mix as well as the others xx

I have done Pig 2 Twig before so am ready for the headache. I know it will pass so its just a case of riding it out.
I need to treat myself to a blender!

Good Luck, you're going to be fab! I definitely agree with finding yourself a routine as it really will get you into the sachets and new way of getting through the day much easier. Also, if you like fizzy water that also "fills" you up a bit more as well. I'd always keep a pack of bottles in the house xxx

Good luck, Preshnit :) LL is the best thing I've ever done for myself.

Thanks everyone

I went to a Pop In this morning and got some fruits of the forest powder, and swapped some soups for shakes. She had Shepherds Pie in stock so I got some. Ive just eaten it and I found it just awful

My head is in the zone, I am so determined and I wont give up BUT I do wish it all tasted a little better

Bars tomorrow - woohoo I am SO excited

preshnit said:
Thicko alert - how do I read diaries? x

Pop up above these threads and find the diary section. It's called LL Diaries.

You can start your own by starting a new thread.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with LL.

Looking forward to reading your diary. :) xx

Welcome Preshnit
:welcome2:
Sounds like you are in the zone for this.
I look forward to seeing your progress.
Good luck. You'll get great support on this forum.

Thanks Ladies.

So my first WI was on Wednesday, and I had lost 8lbs. Wow, feel great.

I am still completely in the zone. i just bought 8 bangles to swap between arms for my water intake counter (as read on another thread) as I KNOW I'm not drinking enough.

I have started walking my daughter to school every day (20 mins each way so 1hr20mins walking a day) and I can't wait to be a new slimmer me by xmas!

Off to start a diary xxxx

Well done, over half a stone straight away. Fantastic.:)

preshnit said:
Thanks Ladies.

So my first WI was on Wednesday, and I had lost 8lbs. Wow, feel great.

I am still completely in the zone. i just bought 8 bangles to swap between arms for my water intake counter (as read on another thread) as I KNOW I'm not drinking enough.

I have started walking my daughter to school every day (20 mins each way so 1hr20mins walking a day) and I can't wait to be a new slimmer me by xmas!

Off to start a diary xxxx

Hi and welcome peshnit,well done -8lbs and staying focused fantastic,what a brilliant start for you Hun!
Sexy xx

8lbs!! Fantastic start!! xx

Last edited:
Back