Hello everyone from another Newbie

Ricky1978

Just thought I'd start off with a quick hello from me.

I'm trying to get back on track with my weight and doing slimming world again. Previously I lost just under 4 stone but over the last 3-4 years I have managed to pile some of it back on. I am looking to lose 2 stone to get myself back to where I want to be.

So now for a bit about me... firstly, and I guess quite unusually for this site... I'm a BLOKE!!!!... yes a man on a diet lol. It does happen. I'm a new dad as well after my wonderful girlfriend gave birth to our daughter Molly just 12 weeks ago. I work in local government which results in me spending far too much time on my bum at the desk.

My current weight is 15 stone 6 1/2. I'd ideally like to get down to around 13 - 13 1/2. I guess this is where it all starts!!

I look forward to keeping you all up to date with my progress.

Ricky

hello and welcome,
congrats on the new baby, you will also be glad to know that there are other men on here and they are doing well

Hello and welcome to Minimins and SW Ricky!!
My Hubby is loosing weight too, although not following the SW plan. I know how hard it is for blokes to admit that its time for them to watch their figure (so to speak), so well done on taking the first step.
Just think as your Little one gets older you will be able to run around after them without feeling as if you are going to have a heart attack!!! Lol.
Congratulations by the way!

Good luck with your journey and keep in touch with letting us know how you get on!

Kerry-Ann

they do say when its the most common reason for men putting weight on - their girlfriend being pregnant. Welcome im a newbie to although like u i have done sw before. Good luck hun !

Thanks for all the comments and good luck to all of you with your weight loss.

Off to stock up on all my favourite free and low syn foods tonight.

I'll keep everyone up to date if I find any bargains lol.

Welcome to the forum, you are not alone we have a few men on here too, look out for Frontier-Phil, he is doing really well, there is also Andy and another Phil too.

Congratulations on your baby daughter, and good luck with your weight loss.

Ooh, just one quick question while I'm here. I've managed to get a few details on my profile but I cant get a profile picture to appear. I've looked at the FAQ's and not cracked it.

Can anyone just give me a few pointers. I've got a fab pic of me and my little Molly which I'd love as my profile picture.

Thanks in advance

Ah, that makes sense Gemma.

I'm certainly not in any rush to do it so I'll just keep pottering along on here until the option becomes available.

Hellllo Ricky, keep it quiet but im male too. crazy huh! Alll the best following SW again, least you'll know how to get on with it, i love SW and would recommend it to anyone. Hope u reach your goals mate.

Hello Ricky, welcome to the site we are a friendly bunch here and there are some other men, i'm sure you will cross paths lol. Congratulations on your little daughter as well, x

lets hope we stick to crossing paths and not swords lol:D

Hi Andy, good to see there's a couple more blokes on here. I think slimming world is great for men as we get to have a big plate of food and still lose weight. Last time round I lived on Quorn Chilli, Quorn Bolognaise, Jacket Spuds, and pasta n' sauce. Noticed there's some great recipes on here so I may broaden my horizons this time.

Back