Hello everyone, starting today!

I need to lose 3 stone to be healthy, seems like an impossible task at the mo. But hopefully I will be able to stick to ss 100%, are the first few days really hard?

Think I saw on the CD forum you were planning on starting CD. I did prep week which I think really helped as I didnt find starting the diet that hard. I had a few days of headaches but soon passed with a paracetemol and water. Had constipation twice in 3 weeks and felt a little tired, but other than that have been fine. the cravings are the worst, but I gave up smoking last year so I use the same 'mind talking' techniques as I did then! This has been the one thing that has seemed to 'click' with me. I dont have to worry about buying the 'right' food, weighing things to the exact gram, or dealing with restaurant menus. Its tough on the social side if it revolves around food (which mine does, as does my work) but I am so determined to do this. I just make my excuses and either dont join in, or go after the food. This site is great for tips and advice and mostly support, so commit to it 100% and you'll do fine- you'll be so proud of yourself!

Good luck White sheep - you can do it!!!!

I set myself up to think the first 3 days were going to be absolutely horrific. Fortunately they werent nearly as bad as I thought they were going to be so that set me up great!!!! Day 3 I had a massive burst of energy and felt fabulous, and after that the hunger was gone.

Just stick to it 100% and you will be fine :D

best of luck, the 1st week is hard but once your over that it gets easier, you will have 3stone of in no time :)

xx

Hi! I also have my first day at the Cambridge diet today. I just wanted to wish you the best of luck!!!

Good luck with it, i'm only on day 3 myself and have found today the hardest in terms of energy levels, that being said i am not tempted to cheat at all. Never thought i'd get so excited about having a black coffee!! xx

I found the first week easy, which made me worried that I wasn't doing it right...bizzarre I know, but so many people said how hard it was and how bad they felt. I felt quite tired in the evenings, but managed to get to bed early and sleep fantastically, waking up was great as I felt really refreshed.
My worst moment was the awful metallic like taste in my mouth signalling Ketosis.
In my first week I managed to resist temptation and believe me it was thrown at me! Cakes at work, a kid's party buffet (my fave) and then a Sunday Lunch. But the feeling you get when you say no is quite a buzz.
Good luck and I am sure you'll do great xx

Thanks for all your advice and kind words everyone. Its really nice to feel like I am not alone.
Norway girl, I have done ok, stuck to my 3 shakes yesterday, cheated alittle with a sm cup of tea when a friend unexpectedly popped in on me late last night. Have done well so far today too, feeling weak, and a bit hungover like, but nothing serious.
How are you doing? How much have you got to lose?

Hey hun I'm on day 2 after a planned weekend break, so we are in the same place timewise on this diet. How are you doing with the water? Are you drinking enough? :) xx

Goood luck babes!!
First 3-4 days are harrrrrd but the rest is a walk in the park if you keep your eye on your goal :):) x

Hi again Whitesheep!!

I am doing just fine! On my second day now and I'm really motivated :D I want to loose 15 kilos, that's about 2,4 stone ;) What about you?

hi
i start again in morning just getting a large glass of water down me, to prep for tomorrow :jelous:
got my fizzy water in fridge and my cd shakes on top of microwave.
want to loose as much as post for hols on august the 19th.
how much is poss do you think. :rolleyes:

Back