hello everyone

metrognome

is getting better at it
hi everyone,
have been doing slimming world and at the moment i am very very stuck as i work such long hours and was thinking about giving calorie counting a go as i think it would be so much easier as i sit in a car all day long and am really fed up with eating out of a plastic container all the time as the food just tastes like plastic :cry: after a while.
could you be so kind as to give me some tips and how do i work out how many calories i should be having or is there somewhere i can work it out for myself
thank you

Hi hi :)

I felt the same as you when I was on SW and working/travelling long hours. Not to mention, I missed my bread too much..! I can understand exactly where you are coming from. Plus I felt like I was eating too big portions on SW, even though it did work for a while, I felt like portion control would help me better.!

When I moved to CC I started by writing down what I ate on slimming world, counting what calories was in that, and then reduced that a bit. I was still eating about 2100 cals a day on SW, and I started CC with a daily limit of 1700. I have reduced this, and aim for about 1500 now, which seems like a teensy amount to start with, and moving from the all-you-can-eat policy of SW to portion control - you will be thinking OMG IS THAT IT?? for a few days, but stick with it for say, 10 days, and you'll soon be used to it!

Personally, I aim for about 400 for breakfast, 500 for lunch and 600 for my tea. It's pretty reasonable, I find myself coping ok with that! Especially once I compared a slice of normal white bread at 105 cals to a slice of nimble at 48.... hehe.

There are some other good websites for making food diaries and keeping an eye on calories. Some use Weightloss resources, I think they do a free trial, I use the Cook Yourself Thin site, which is run by the same people as WLR but its prettier, and pink haha. Googling could help work out what your daily amount could be but I think it all depends on what you feel yourself and how quickly you want to lose weight!

Whatever you decide to go with, good luck :) and we're all here for each other! x

hi and welcome, i used to be on weight watchers and i found it the same with still eating big portions, thats part of my problem so i didnt want to do that whether i was losing or not so i came to calorie counting and am now eating smaller portions, it was hard going at first but i am getting use to it now, everyones support here is amazing. good luck !!

Hiya metrognome and welcome! I'm a relative newby too, I'm using Tesco Diets to help me get my head around calorie counting. They and other diet services will use your weight, age, frame size, lifstyle etc to work out a calorie allowance for you and then work out a weekly menu plan - all customisable and fully changeable for when you get a particular craving! They even work out a shopping list, it's really useful for a CC virgin like me.

Good luck whatever path you choose. Ask away, the people here are really knowledgable and dead supportive.

Back