Hello Everyone!

*Cupcake*

is working hard.....
Hi all - just joining after looking for online support and encouragement with SW!

I'm following SW for the 2nd time - 1st time 2 years ago I lost 4 st, then fell ill - managed to gain back 2 st in the last year - grrrr :(.

I'm renewed in my determination to succeed on my weightloss journey - but I can't afford classes. My plan is to follow SW from my old books and planners, and WI on Fridays at home. Is this ok? Or do you think I need to re-join group?

I've had a really good week so far, red and green days (don't understand EE yet!) with plenty of walking and wii fit.

I know what to do, just need to do it (willpower)!

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello, and look forward to joining you all. :)

Hi & welcome

There are lots of people on here who do SW from home. For me personally - i know I couldn't have managed just at home, knowing I am to go & get weighed is my motivation!

But I hadn't done the plan before so needed to know what on earth I was doing anyway, lol

I am sure you will find the forum very supportive, theres lots of sticky threads at the top of the page with tips, recipes, syn values & eating out guides so you will soon be in-undated with info!!

Just be aware that there have been some syn value changes & HE a & b changes. If you use the search feature, you should find some threads as i knwo there have been a few :)

Good luck on your journey :D

Hello and welcome xxx

Hello, good luck with your slimming world journey :D

im the same as gettingthinnerbytheday, i find alot of my motivation comes from knowing that i have to go for a weigh in each week!

I look forward to going and getting my achievements acknowledged by the rest of group :D

xx

Welcome Cupcake,
I just love your name. I had my 1st weigh in today & lost 3.5 lbs :^)
Like you i went back to slimming world the 1st time i done it i did it from home & i did lose some weight but this time iam gona go to the meetings just to keep me on track.
Speak soon cupcake. :^)

Hello Cupcake!

I am doing exactly the same as you, I can't afford to go to classes or join online. So I am using my mum's books and this wonderful site!

I search on here all the time for syn values and recipes!

Good Luck

Kelly x

Hi Cupcake - welcome! :D

I am another 'go-it-aloner' because I can't afford class at the moment. This board is a brilliant resource for anything you're not sure about - check the thread about Extra Easy further up the main home page and you will probably find all the answers to your EE questions!

The syn thread is also invaluable for finding those sneaky hidden syn values in your food - someone usually always knows the answer.

Everyone on this board seems very friendly and happy to help so come here often, and welcome to the gang!

Have a great first week :)

Hi there and welcome!

I did the SW plan for over a year before I re-joined a class as I simply couldnt afford it! Have a look at the food diaries on here to give you some ideas, as the chances are that if you have old books the new EE plan may not be in it and there have been some changes to the Healthy Extras.

Good luck!

xx

Good luck Cupcake on your weightloss journey. My sister follows it without going to class and pops into Boots on a Friday and uses their scales, so it feels like a pop in class.

Look forward to hearing all about your weightlosses x

Thank you everyone - really good to hear what others think and do. :)

Since last posting I have had a nasty fall meaning a couple of broken toes :cry: so my walking has been curtailed for a bit :(

But my 1st solo WI was a success - a 4lb loss!!! Yay me!! :party0019:

Hope everyone else has a good week too - and thanks again!

Back