Hello Everyone :)

Hi everyone :)

I've been registered on this site for a long time now, used to use it quite a bit and found it very helpful for motivation.

However, I haven't used it recently. I completely fell off the wagon and have been diagnosed with depression. As a result off this I have been taking anti depressants since February and have managed to gain about 3 stone since then. I also lost my job because of it and spend all of my time at home.
I try to do things to keep my mind off eating but it is very hard :(

I used to do Weightwatchers and found it worked very well but have tried and tried to do it again and have been very unsuccessful on it :(

I have tried a lot of different diets and can't seem to find the right one for me so was wondering if anyone can help me out?

I'm 5ft 1 and weigh 12 and a half stone which makes me obese. The thing i can't understand tho is that I'm a size 14 so am very confused :s

Any help would be really appreciated :) I know that everyone on here is so helpful and supportive so am very hopeful!

Thanks everyone :)
Katie xxx

HI Katie
welcome back and good luck with whichever plan you choose, personally I'm doing Slimming World. I too spend a lot of time at home, and having an unlimited amount of free foods that you can graze on if you want seems to stop me from grabbing the unhealthy stuff. Plus you can have a treat every day. I tried WW but didn't like the food or counting points.

I'm also quite small 5'2 with a starting weight of 12'3llbs, and I wear size 16s for comfort - it's that height to weight ratio that's important and for me that means losing about 3 stone. So far I'm one down two to go, and I didn't think I'd achieve that so soon.

So whatever plan you go for that's right for you go for it. I love logging on here for support - there's lots of lovely people who have been through a similar journey to you. (I ditched the prozac a couple of years ago!).

Hi Katie
I'm new here but have already found great support and motivation.I know that the depressive cycle and weight gain is so hard to deal with but I'm sure you will find the right programe for you.
I have put on 4 stone since stopping smoking and coming through menopause. I've just started Lipotrim which I know is a little radical for some people and I'm not sure that it's right for me but already I feel my clothes loosening.
Dont give up. keep in touch and let us know how you get on.
Piper X

Hi KAtie, I'm new too. I have been lurking araound the boards for a couple of weeks.

Good luck

Donna

Welcome back. Do you need to go to a class? If so which ones are near you and at a convenient time?

Good luck

Irene xx

Back