Hello everyone....

azzy129

New to this site/forum. Let me tell you all a bit about myself. In my early 40's, male and I live in West London. When I first started my fitness regime to lose weight back in June 2012 I weighed in at 16 Stones on the nose. I currently weigh 13 St 11 Lbs but I had gone down to 13 St 7 Lbs. Unfortunately I had put on about 7 Lbs during the festive period. According to a BMI calculator my ideal weight should be 11 St 10 Lbs. I think that is over ambitious and I would be happy with 12 ST 6 Lbs. My height is 5' 8". Post my weight loss regime my eating habits were dire full of calorie and carbohydrate laden junk food. Fizzy pop, fried foods and sweet things were my everyday thing. All this while being diabetic type 2. My job involves me working shift work and sitting at a desk, hence me submitting this post at a crazy hour. I've come to understand that to succsessfully lose weight you have to have the correct mindset and know that the wrong type of foods can have an impact on your health and weight. I decided one day that I did not want to be a blob for the rest of my adult life.
The process I decided to adopt was to cut my calorie intake by half to 1400 cals per day. I once did that for a 7 week stretch. I now also eat nutritious food that keeps me fuller for longer and provides me with fibre, protein and calcium. I weigh all food that goes in my mouth and keep a log. I weigh myself once a week. For the past 9 weeks I've taken up running and run 3 miles about 3 times a week. As mentioned I'd put 7 Lbs back on so I'm going to cut out all bread, pasta and rice for 10 days to claw back what I've put on. I want to complete this last phase of losing 19 Lbs in about 8 weeks and then move onto maintaining it long term while eating limited portions of the food I deprived myself in this quest!

Last edited:
Welcome and good luck!

Welcome... I also have a shift that's odd, so I too will be posting at odd times. I'm actuall just waiting to start my weight loss journey... 45 more mintues till midnight, then I officially start. No more excuses :)
Sounds like your off to a fantastic start with the plan you've outlined and your exercise... Maybe that's why you gained 7lb... could be muscle gain? Keep going... Your doing great :)

Ok. So after week 1 getting back on the wagon, cutting out all breads, pasta and rice and continuing with my 1400 cal intake I have lost a further 6 Lbs. Wahoo!!
Also stepped up my physical activity level. On the days I'm not upto do any running, I take a brisk (power) walk for 20 mins. Works wonders.

Back