Hello everyone

I thought I'd put together a quick hello post with some background on me.

I have been dieting since October 2012. I had got to a point where I felt very unhealthy and uncomfortable in my own body, I watched a health documentary in August 2012 and started researching health articles online. Since then I have managed to lose 35lbs, mainly through healthy eating/smaller portion sizes. I have another 35lbs to lose so am bang in the middle of my weight loss journey.

So far I have been happy with losing the weight slowly, it took 9yrs to put on so I figured it might take a while to get back off. I find I lose a 'chunk', stay that weight for a few months then lose another 'chunk' and it has felt manageable as I never feel too deprived. I am going to be trying for a baby after Xmas so I want to lose as much as I can by then (and establish some healthy habits to take through to my pregnancy).

I struggle with the exercise side of things though, I am soooo unmotivated to move. I started running at the beginning of 2014 and really enjoyed it but injured myself after 6wks which put me out of action for another 6wks and I was advised not to run again. I have yet to find something I enjoy enough to stick at.

Good luck to everyone out there with your plans and I look forward to chatting to you all.

Back