Hello fellow CC's!

chocolate_bananas

Silver Member
Hi there :D

Joining the forum today to help me get a grip on my eating habits!

I was on SW until Feb when i just lost all motivation. I have gained and lost little bits but i have got into the bad habit of gobbling loads for a few days and then hardly eating anything :sigh:

I did go 17 days out of May without a binge (i hate that word!) which i'm really proud of. On those days i have been counting calories and making sure i don't go over 2000. I stayed the same last month which is good because my metabolism has gone to pot basically so it could of been worse, i just don't know how to get it back to normal.

So i'm just going to work hard this month to exercise daily (i do a lot of exercise anyway), and stick to 1200 calories, hopefully it will start to get better and i can begin losing again in a few weeks.

I really want to break the cycle that i'm in but i'm going to realistic and i will probably overeat on a few days (not a full scale thing though i hope!), aiming for 25/30 good days.

Any advice is much appreciated and looking forward to getting to know you all xxx

Hello!

You definitely seem to have your head in the right place - which I think can be the hardest part of the battle. I too was unable to stick to anything until I joined Minimins! I don't post every day but I check the boards on my phone and I can't tell you how much it has helped me.

Wishing you loads of success on your journey :) xxx

Welcome and good luck, my advice would be make sure you eat more calories on the days that you are active/exercise, I didn't do that and ended up stalling my weightloss which nearly made me give up. Giving your body enough fuel is the key to allowing it to let go of the flab. Let us know how you get on. x

Thank you for the welcomes x

Hello! Welcome aboard! :D We're only a small group over here (sometimes it feels like we're a little corner) but in my opinion we're the best corner (shhh! don't tell anyone though :) )
If you've got any questions just ask away - that's what we're here for! And don't worry about asking 'dumb' questions - you only need to look at some of my posts to realise that 'silly' questions are the norm for me (and the questions that ultimately shift those pounds!)

Firstly, I recommend reading Fattack's sticky http://www.minimins.com/calorie-counting/202903-answer-how-many-calories-should-i-eat.html where she shows you how to work out how many calories you should be eating.

Calorie counting is really really easy, basically everything you eat has a number behind it (ie. the calories) and you can eat however much as you like, as long as it doesn't go over your calorie limit (usually around the 1200-1800 mark). To work out your calorie limit the sticky linked above is invaluable ^^

The problems come when, like any diet, temptations get in the way. However, if you've got a little bit of willpower, which I'm sure you have, then you WILL lose weight on calorie counting. It's basic physics.

Have a gander at some food diarys for a little inspiration. You should also consider starting one yourself, and that way we can all see what you're up to and offer a helping hand where need be :)
http://www.minimins.com/calorie-counting-diaries/

Remember, if you've got any questions just ask :D We won't bite (too many calories!) :D

Last edited:
Thanks Happyhealthy that's a really useful post.

Just peeked at your diary and i have to say i do like your style of writing! :D

Thanks Happyhealthy that's a really useful post.

Just peeked at your diary and i have to say i do like your style of writing! :D

Haha thank you! I only just started it this morning so goodness only knows what it'll turn into. This time next week it'll probably be a bridget jones style diary filled with various unfortunate escapades in my life! "Waaaaa my my front door fell off" I wouldn't subscribe if I were you :p

Hello! Welcome to CC lol hope it goes well for you :) I'm a reformed binge monster too(fingers crossed anyway lol There's some good threads on 'bring your head inside' if you feel the dread urge coming over you :) ur right tho it's a really icky word!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you Legomom, i will check the thread out, it's something i am struggling with!

I'll be keeping an eye out for you then lol we can keep each other out of the fridge!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Binging never used to be a problem for me when I was further away from goal. I can honestly say from December (when I started dieting) to April I never binged once. It's only now that I'm so near to that I'm sometimes like "bugger it!" and I eat chocolate like there's no tomorrow. In fairness, the few times that I did binge was the days before exams and I was very, very stressed. I decided until the stress of exams was over, drastic action was needed to push that binge monster aside with a firm hand and I haven't binged since.

A few things that have really helped me and I'll keep on doing until exams are over:
  • I don't buy 'big' treats like multipack chocolate, sweets etc. If I do buy a treat, I buy one.
  • Any sweets or 'bingable' items that I need to keep in the house, like a box of chocolates or something, I split them into little bags and put the bags in my car, that way there won't be 15 bags of chcolate staring back at me everytime I open the cupboard and I wont be tempted. Also if you're really bad, I suppose you could put your chocolate in the freezer, that way if you want it, you'll need to wait for it to thaw and that'll give you time to thing if you REALLY want it.

good luck!

Hi, welcome to CC. Good luck with your journey, hope to hear about your successes soon :)

Binging never used to be a problem for me when I was further away from goal. I can honestly say from December (when I started dieting) to April I never binged once. It's only now that I'm so near to that I'm sometimes like "bugger it!" and I eat chocolate like there's no tomorrow. In fairness, the few times that I did binge was the days before exams and I was very, very stressed. I decided until the stress of exams was over, drastic action was needed to push that binge monster aside with a firm hand and I haven't binged since.

A few things that have really helped me and I'll keep on doing until exams are over:
  • I don't buy 'big' treats like multipack chocolate, sweets etc. If I do buy a treat, I buy one.
  • Any sweets or 'bingable' items that I need to keep in the house, like a box of chocolates or something, I split them into little bags and put the bags in my car, that way there won't be 15 bags of chcolate staring back at me everytime I open the cupboard and I wont be tempted. Also if you're really bad, I suppose you could put your chocolate in the freezer, that way if you want it, you'll need to wait for it to thaw and that'll give you time to thing if you REALLY want it.

good luck!

It doesn't help that i'm smack bang in the middle of exams right now :rolleyes:
They are open book but after having closed book exams all through school, college and uni, i find them a bit of a pain because there is just so much stuff i need to sift through and you can't possibly learn it all.
As long as i stay well organised then i should be ok :p

I'm very glad to hear you have overcome your binges. I have no where near to lose what you have so i have no room to moan, you have done amazing, very inspirational indeed.

hi choc welcome to cc and good luck with your weight loss :0)

Hi and welcome to Minimins, another great site a few of us use is My fitness Pal, you can work out your calories, track your calories that you have eaten and also track your exercise - and its free

Hi and welcome to Minimins, another great site a few of us use is My fitness Pal, you can work out your calories, track your calories that you have eaten and also track your exercise - and its free

Thanks Happy hippo, i have the app on my BB already :D

It doesn't help that i'm smack bang in the middle of exams right now :rolleyes:
They are open book but after having closed book exams all through school, college and uni, i find them a bit of a pain because there is just so much stuff i need to sift through and you can't possibly learn it all.
As long as i stay well organised then i should be ok :p

I'm very glad to hear you have overcome your binges. I have no where near to lose what you have so i have no room to moan, you have done amazing, very inspirational indeed.

Thank you :D I've been on holiday so I've only just read this! I've said this until I'm blue in the face but losing weight can definitely be done. I'm some ordinary girl like me can do it can so can anybody!

I know what you mean about open book. I don't get open book exams but I see folk sitting other exams in the same exam halls as me and I always feel sorry for them with books piled so high on their desk Mount Everest would have some competition. Hope your exams went well! Let me know how you got on :D

Back