Hello fellow dieters

missRV

Well thought I'd introduce myself.
I'm 26 and I've been struggling with my weight for most of my life (since age 8 ish) my mum took me to dance classes as a young child (age 3-8) to keep my weight in check but then when I left dance the weight piled on. My teen years were spent yo yo dieting, then gaining more weight than I'd lost. On leaving school, my weight was 15stone.

Throughout my time at university my weight went up even more. When I graduated, I was 16 1/2 stone.

Over the next 4 years I'd managed to keep it steady, although not happy with how I looked I was coping with not gaining, until last year. I got into a relationship and felt contented... a few months later, I noticed my clothes had become tighter. On weighing myself last year on new years day, I noticed my weight had gone up to 18 stone 10 lbs

So this year, I've got my weight back down to 16stone 2lbs (even lost 2 lbs over christmas this year) through slimming world and gym twice a week. I do want to get it down to 12 and a half. I'm currently a dress size 16/18 (I don't know what I was last year as I was wearing leggings and cardigans as coats.) I'd imagine maybe a 20/22. I'd love to fit into a size 12/14. As I'm tall (5ft10) I don't want to go any slimmer than that.

Hoping to share in weight loss journeys.

Well done so far and good luck in 2013 ! I'm beginning again having lost two stone two years ago and put it all back on again over the last twelve very stress -y months working for a business that went down the tubes...but I've a new job I'm enjoying and it's time to take control again ,hopefully I can be inspired by your progress so far ! Spalmon

Hey :) thanks for the reply.

Sounds like your journey sounds similar to mine, nice to know we can support each other.
Sadly my relationship ended last night; I've been so down these past 2 weeks, and I've weighed myself this morning and another 2lb down... every cloud and all that lol. So to keep myself busy I'll be re joining the gym.

Well done on the weight loss so far, and sorry to hear of your relationship breakdown. Always such a hard time- in my case it would lead to a week or two not eating then several weeks catch up comfort eating. But as you've done so well so far you'll find the inspiration to carry on the weight loss journey.
I too am tall- 5' 11" and am starting at 18st 7lb (not weighed recently). I want to get down to 12st.
Keep strong, keep going, and good luck!

Thanks :) well I've been gym this morning to let out the frustration lol :) good to know there are other tall people too :)

Well done! I've only just got out of bed :-/
In my defence, I've set my start date as 7th Jan as that is when I'm back to work & into a routine. Until then, I'm not going to beat myself up too much.

Really sorry to hear about your relationship what a horrible thing to happen at this time of year ...but well done you for the weight loss! Happy New Year!! Hope it brings you all you wish for...

Thanks :) I'm Ok, very upset but getting on with it. Just taken all my hurt out in the gym so feeling better :)
It's my mum's 70th birthday in January and we have about 3 meals out booked during that week with different people :-/
Happy New Year everyone x

Hi,

I hope your diet and exercise is going well. And use the break up to encourage you more, even though it might not seem like it now but at least you can give yourself the 100 % attention you will need for awhile.

I'm 5'10 and start weight about 17' 7 not exactly sure as I haven't weighted in about a week after my many failed attempts at restarting last year I finally feel focused.

I started reducing calories yesterday and will finish off some old packs I have from the Cambridge diet and slim and save. That should last a couple of weeks. Then I'll join Cambridge again. I think it helps me knowing someone is going to be recording my weight each week.

Good luck on your weight lose journey but I know we can do this.

Sorry to hear about your relationship. The need to comfort eat cant be helping :(
What is it with relationships? I put on 2 or 3 dress sizes in the 2 years I've been with my partner.
Its so easy to much it all on but so hard to get rid :( huff!
Im a size 12 somewhere under all this fat!
Hope your diet is going well so far!

Thanks for the replies :) it's so hard not turning to the chocolate but I'm managing, well sort of managing, it's my mum's 70th birthday tomorrow so we're having loads of meals out... she likes Chinese food so the diet starts Tuesday :( terrified of getting on those scales :cry:

I know we can all do it :)

Back