Hello from a newbie to Xenical

Teenie

Hi there :wavey:

Just thought I would pop in and introduce myself, I am going to be starting orlistat tomorrow and am a bit wary and excited in equal measures!

Bit of backround, have been overweight for as long as i can remember and have been dieting for years and years.....tried them all to Weight watchers, slim fast, scottish slimmers, Holford, high protein low carb and celebrity slim (which is how I found this site). I lost nearly stones on CS but gave it up as a) it is too expensive, and b) it is not a diet you can stay on long term, I have at least 11 stone to lose :eek:

Went to my doc on Thursday and spoke to her about my weight again, I had been years previously after having my daughter but when I went I was deeply depressed and she didn't want to do anything about my weight until I got my depression sorted first. When I went back on Thursday, she weighed me and was pleased to see that I had lost weight since previous visit and that was after having my son just 7 months ago :D and I managed to lose 9lbs in the past 3 weeks by myself so she was able to see that I am committed to losing weight but more importantly keeping it off!

We spoke about taking Orlistat and she totally put my mind at ease and is extremely supportive which has made it so much easier!

So that is my watered down weight loss story, this is it for me I HAVE to lose this weight once and for all, I'm fed up feeling unattractive but more importantly I want to be here for as long as I can for my family and at the dangerous weight I am at, that may not happen :eek:

Thanks for reading if you got this far LOL, I have not had a great weekend (food wise) as it was my birthday yesterday so can I expect a lot of toilet visits? I will be asking lots of questions no doubt so please bear with me and I am looking forward to getting to know you all and going through our journey together.

Thank you x

Hi there :D I am going to follow Scottish slimmers as I have been following that already and keeping a note of what I'm eating, I'm just hoping that I can stick to it as much as possible in as much that the fat content will be ok, it tends to count calories rather than fat but I'm sure once i get into it it will be fine! I forgot about myfitnessfriend that will come in really handy too, thanks x

welcome to the forum :) lots of helpful people around to help you with your ourney

stick to the rules with xen and tango man wont visit, abuse the rules he will drive you mad!

x

How do you do Scottish slimmers in Lincoln Lexie?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ah that explains it. Thought there was a secret group I might have to infiltrate and try :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi everyone just thought I would check in to say that things are going well, I've had not side affects whatsoever and so far finding it a dawdle (I know that can change in the next few weeks though ;)). I know the tablets aren't a appetite suppressant but they almost seem to be working like that for me and I have had no interest in junk food at all which is great. Got my first weigh in with the nurse on Thursday so will be interested to see what her scales show.

One thing I wanted to ask though, I presume the gram size of the tablet matters? It's just that I'm sure on my prescription it said 120g of Orlistat but when i was at the chemist the order hadn't come in and I heard the pharmacist asking the assistant if they had any 60grams and that's what I got (of course I could be talking rubbish and it wasn't 120g on the script at all!!), I can ask the nurse and see what she says.

It is normally 120 hon, 60 is what you can buy over the counter normally named alli, make sure you tell your Doc when you see him/her that you only had 60. Sounds as though you are doing well though hon. I think for me they work the same as you as I don't want the junk for fear of the side effects. Good Luck with your weigh in & let us know how you go x

Thanks Lexie for clearing that up, that's a bit annoying though, I would rather have waited another day or 2 to get the proper dose!! :rolleyes:

Thanks also for the welcome everyone it's nice to know we are all in this together :)

Id go back and ask for another box of the 60s n take 2 at a time to make 120 that is really unacceptable!! id also lodge a complaint and talk to your doc as well x

butter_on_toast said:
Id go back and ask for another box of the 60s n take 2 at a time to make 120 that is really unacceptable!! id also lodge a complaint and talk to your doc as well x[/QUOTE

I agree do go back and complain and get them to give you the correct tablets!

I was told don't take double of the 60s as it could be harmful to your health!

Eeeeek!!:eek: Have been experiencing the dreaded orange oil today for the first time (spoke to soon yesterday ;)). Is it bad that in a way I was pleased to see it as I know the tablets are working LOL!!!:eek:

Will just wait until Thursday and see what nurse says, I will get a new prescription then anyway so hopefully will get the correct dose this time!

Back