Hello from a newbie!

Jayno

Hi everyone
I'm new to minimins but not new to dieting! I found this site when I was trawling the internet for some recipes, liked what I found so joined!
So, a little about me.......
I've been a 'big girl' with a 'nice smile' and 'pretty eyes' for most of my life. I've tried and tried and tried to lose weight, lost some on a few occasions and generally put back on more than I lost!
In February this year I decided enough is enough, toyed with joining Weight Watchers or Rosemary Conley, but a friend at work recomended Slimming World, although she herself no longer went. So on a dark, wet Wednesday night I surprised the other half and my daughter by announcing I was off to Slimming World, tonight, now! I can't explain how "ready" I felt and had I not gone there and then I don't know if I ever would have.
It was the best decision ever. A great fun, friendly group, with ladies and gents of all shapes and sizes, most with amazing success stories (the group member that has lost 10 stone so far had real significance to me as I have s similar amount to lose to be back on the "normal" charts!
To cut a long story short, I have lost 41lb since that wet Wednesday night back in February, 1lb to go till I hit a 3 stone loss! Dropped a couple of dress sizes, feeling much healthier, much happier and as motivated as ever that I will NEVER getto THAT size EVER again!
I love what I have seen of minimins so far and hope to get to know you all a lot more and share in your successes :eek:)
jay xx

Hi and welcome. I am a newbie too, I am looking to lose just over 5st so I've a long way to go, but I am determined to get there. Congratulations on your weight loss so far, you have done brilliantly. Good luck for your future weight loss.

Wow well done, have been on SW for just three weigh ins so at the start but like you have found a friendly group in upwell

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back