Hello from a newbie!

docmurphy

Hi there everyone!

I am a newbie here and thought i'd introduce myself and tell you all a bit about me.

I am 31, 5ft 1in and currently 11st 6lb. The last time I was thin, I was about 7 years old - by the time I was 10 I weighed 9st, which is my target weight now. I love cooking and baking, cakes are one of my many weaknesses.

My weight has always yo yo'd, I was 9st aged 16 (but still saw myself as HUGE), and just before I fell pregnant with my 3rd child, I weighed in at 12st 12lb. Luckily I didn't gain a pound during the pregnancy and since she was born just over a year ago, I have hovered around the 11 1/2 st mark. I have now given up breastfeeding, so my excuse to eat well for her has vanished and the weight started to pile back on :eek:.

So here I am. I'm desparate to lose the weight now that my family is complete. I would love to walk into any clothes shop and try on anything I like without worrying that it will show all the lumps and bumps. Most of all I would love to be able to wear shorts and skirts in the summer, without my legs rubbing together :(

So that's me in a nutshell. I have managed to lose a few pounds by cutting out puddings, but I don't want to deprive myself forever, so I am starting Slimming World. Fingers crossed it works ;)

Thanks xx

I am now down to 11st 3 - lighter than I was after I had my daughter! Yay! I am getting on well with SW - it seems to suit me well. I did have a few probs with sugar withdrawal headaches to begin with, but they've gone now.

Onwards and upwards (or downwards where weight is concerned ;))

Back