Hello from a newbie

CaledonianLass

Hi all. Was googling for advice on Slimming World and found you all!!
I seem to have lost all motivation to exercise (was a runner) and weight has crept up, particularly during lock down, and working from home.
On week 6 of SW but finding it meh, don't feel like returning, leader seems a bit disinterested in new people - I expected a little more conversation than "pop your card in the machine" to be honest. Determined to lose but lacking the support I hoped I'd find there, and hoping I might find some here instead 😁 (and I'm not usually such a moany brat)

Welcome, Caledonian Lass. There's lots of support here. Start a diary and post on the SW subforum. You can also join us on the Team 50 for Christams thread. Deciide how may lbs you'll shed by Xmas and cut, paste add yourself to the list. Then you update each week.

Hi all. Was googling for advice on Slimming World and found you all!!
I seem to have lost all motivation to exercise (was a runner) and weight has crept up, particularly during lock down, and working from home.
On week 6 of SW but finding it meh, don't feel like returning, leader seems a bit disinterested in new people - I expected a little more conversation than "pop your card in the machine" to be honest. Determined to lose but lacking the support I hoped I'd find there, and hoping I might find some here instead 😁 (and I'm not usually such a moany brat)
Oh hello, you could be me reading this..... lol

I too was a runner, last run was 2019 Liverpool RnR half..... struggled due to weight and gave up running, piled on the weight I’d originally lost on here..... joined SW numerous times in the meantime. Was attending a fab group, even through lockdown I did quite well last year, then my dad died and I thought fook it lol..... my group closed and moved to another venue, person and time which wasn’t convenient so going alone too.

Happy to be your SW buddy on here.... will give me motivation too x

Back