Hello from a remote island!

OrkneyRose

Hi everyone! I'm joining for a bit of support and to soak up some of your collective wisdom on all things to do with slimming! :)

I was doing Slimming World a while ago when I was working elsewhere full-time, but now I've moved and there are NO slimming clubs on the little island where I live :eek: so I'm doing this journey by myself. Today is my first day back on track after a few failed recent attempts (too easy to give up!) and to my horror I saw on the scales that I'm now 16st- having gained two and a half stone since the summer, and am now heavier than I was before I last joined SW. I'm struggling to find motivation (although I really don't want to be this big!) and so have made a few positive steps to kick-start my journey to slimdom:

-joined a gym and have a couple of gym buddies set up
- started logging my meals and snacks on a food diary app
-got rid of all my "naughty" foods, because I know I'll just eat it if it's in the house! :eatdrink051:
- bought a slow cooker, so I can make big batches of soup, chilli, curry etc

...and I'm sure I'll find plenty more ideas with you lovely lot!

Looking forward to losing! :)

Ahhh those are very productive and brilliant steps you've taken towards your weight loss! Biggest thing is starting the change, & it looks like you're well on your way to begin this awesome journey! :D btw what island?? Any place exotic?

Hi and welcome. I'm sure the sea air makes you lose weight!
Which diary app are you using? Is it any good? I tried LoseIt! but it has an error with registration, so looking for another.

Thanks for the welcome! I'm right at the tip of Scotland on the Orkney archipelago, which is beautiful and very, very windy :)

I'm using the See How You Eat Coach app (SHYE Coach) which is good for me because your food diary consists of photos of your meals and snacks per day- so much easier than logging individual items! You can make notes for each meal to help you remember what went into it. It encourages you to get the right proportion of non-starchy veg/carbs/protein per meal based on how much of your plate you should fill with each. I did use My Fitness Pal before, which worked well for me (and was free!) but before long I found all of the logging and finding foods very time-consuming (though of course SHYE C doesn't give any nutritional info so users need to come armed with that themselves). SHYE Coach is £6.99 so a bit pricey in comparrison to others perhaps. There is another one by the same developers called SHYE which is more simple but costs £2.99 per 28 days. I haven't been using it long enough to know if there are glitches, and there was only one review I think, but so far, so good :)

There seemed to be a few similar photo-diary based apps available, so maybe there are cheaper ones out there.

Ahhh interesting app & i hope it works for you! And the island, bet it has amazing views, and scenes, (the photographer in me would absolutely love it!). I've used my fitness pal just to figure out the caloires, and the rest I try and do in my head or on paper lol I just prefer writing it down lol

Back