• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Hello from a SW newbie!

Hi there everyone!

This is my 2nd day of SW and so far finding it fab, for lunch my daughter (1) and i had the egg, chips and beans!

I love potatos and pasta, and after searching through lots of different diets (and being disapointed with what i could and couldnt eat!!) a couple of friends recommended me "slimming world" so i could still eat the things i love but learn to lose weight at the same time.

I was wondering what excersize everyone does? Im finding it hard to do something that fits into my daily routine with the little one. I have a wii fit and when OH gets back from work i'll ask him to set it all up again as it hasnt been used in a while!!!

Looking forward to chatting with you all and getting lots of advise and tips!!

Rach x

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Last edited:
Welcome aboard Rach. You'll soon see those lbs melt away. Good luck!

Welcome to SW!

Walking is one of the easiest ways to fit exercise in, and it still counts as exercise! I use a site called 'walk jog run', which lets you map out your route and then works out how many calories you'd burn. I know SW doesn't work on calories, but it's always nice to see that the walk round the village burns 370 calories!

Wow great, thanks Jen, I'll check out that site!! Was going to go for a walk this afternoon but its beens nowing for an hour now and doesnt look like its going to stop! not sure if i wanna get stuck in the snow when out and about!!

Welcome to sw hun :)
I love green days too as i love my potatoes and pasta etc.
Exercise i do is i have an exercise bike, wii fit and other fitness games plus fitness dvds.
With you having a young child, even a walk to the shops with the buggy or a run round the park is all good body magic.
xxx

Hi Rach,
I am new also and am going to my first class tomorrow, rather nervous as havent weighed myself since Feb 2010!!! a bit scared what scales will say but DETERMINED to loss weight this year. (dont have scales at home)

Is the SW easy to follow

Nic

This may sound like abit of a silly question, but can you chop and change between orignial and green?? Ive read the SW food optimising book but i think i missed that part!! Today i am having a "green day" but what happens when i fancy a roast dinner??

I dont think im entirely clued up about it!!!

This may sound like abit of a silly question, but can you chop and change between orignial and green?? Ive read the SW food optimising book but i think i missed that part!! Today i am having a "green day" but what happens when i fancy a roast dinner??

I dont think im entirely clued up about it!!!
you can alternate your days hun, i tend to do green and ee days and on the ee days have a nice big roast with loads of meat and loads of veg. xxx

fab, thank you!!! EE sounds great lol!!

Anyone know why i cant upload a picture to my avatar?
I think you need 50 posts before you can alter things lol.
I love ee for that reason, also when i want things like spag bol or cottage pie it means i can have tons of mince and pasta and potatoes and its all freeeeeeeee :p

god i am such a newbie lol!!!!

Going to make the baked bean lasagne someone posted on here tonight, sounds LUSH. i love my baked beans me!!
Is that the recipe I posted? I love baked bean lasagne. Its beaut :kissass:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Introductions 7
Introductions 4
Introductions 0
Introductions 0
Introductions 0