Hello from Luna. 17 stone 2lbs and returning to Slimming World

Luna2017

First day of the year and the start of my plan to lose 2 stone initially, maintain for a good while and then maybe lose a bit more with the main focus being to maintain the loss.

Been up and down with my weight for years, want to be stronger, healthier, fitter and yes, a bit smaller and more toned.

So starting today, weighed in at 240 pounds, 17stone 2lbs and my first goal is to lose 2 stone or as close as I can by the 31st March. I'm following the slimming world plan. Not sure if I'm going to join a group, I may do.

I have struggled with slimming world in the past because I'm so done with cooking, but Iceland do a range of slimming world ready meals now and I love home made soup,so have more easy lazy options!

My fridge is full of unsuitable new year leftovers but also a pot of soup and I have potatoes for slimming world chips. Also some salad, so I should be able to follow the plan today and then it's off to Iceland tomorrow!

Good luck to me and good luck to everyone else for all your hopes for 2017.

Hello Luna.
I am also a returner to Slimming World. I failed last time because I struggle to cook and I got bored of all the non cooking options. Everything I did try to cook from the recipes tasted gross.

I am aiming for 4 stone by the end of May and 7 stone by September... hopefully. I just have to keep telling myself that sticking to simple boring food for 9 months is nothing. It's only 36 weeks.

Hello Tre! Good luck with your plans!

Apparently you still need to add 1/3 superfree to the ready meal and not use them too much! I'm wondering if I can get two meals out of each by adding loads of fresh veggies and/or soup.

I guess I will need to do some of that horrible cooking stuff as well. Maybe bulk cook and freeze at the weekend.

Ive heard of people who split the ready meals. I'm a vegetarian so there aren't that many meals for me anyway ATM. The gravy isn't even vegetarian!
I struggle ALOT with lunches for work. I like to save my hexb for evening meals or breakfast so I have to try and find a lunch that doesn't have bread/pitta/Ryvita in it because I like to use my syns on sweet stuff like chocolate.
I can't even do stuff like pasta/light mayo/tuna cause I don't eat fish.
But I am determined to do it this time. Very determined.

Hi Luna
I've been a member of slimming world since 31 March 2016 and have lost 1.5stone.
Something didn't click with me right away (but I saw many who lose boatloads very quickly so don't be disheartened by my slow loss) however I've now got my head in the game and joined Minimins as well for extra support/ideas etc.
I am aiming to lose 5 stone and started at exactly 17 x

Thanks!! I'm pleased as feel much better than when I started but know that I can lose quicker than I have been if I really get my head into it.
Good luck i_am_tre

Thanks!! I'm pleased as feel much better than when I started but know that I can lose quicker than I have been if I really get my head into it.
Good luck i_am_tre
It's good to be able to maintain a loss i think, more important than losing quickly. Well done and good luck!

Back