hello hello

garymack

HI all,

after being sporty as a child/teenager, which seems like yesterday, I awoke aged 29 and 18stone (where did the time go and the belly come from:eek:)

having two young kids (1 and 3) I decided I had to get a grip of my weight and get fit/healthy again.

I joined my old rugby club in August and have lost 2 stone so far, not alot in that space of time but still a loss.

Now I'm struggling, haven't lost anything in over a month and watching the younger lads run around care free while i struggle to jog for 10mins is getting to me.

needing motivation and the views/stories of people in the same boat to get me going again..........and this looks like the right place to start.

Last edited:
Hi Gary,

Good for you getting back to the rugby :)
I know how you feel, loved swimming, jogging, generally working out but like you it stopped & inevitably I gained weight. A lot!

I tried a few diets but always gave up until I joined Slimming World & that combined with getting out & walking/jogging again & dancing about my living room has seen me lose 1st 11lbs since Jan 19th. I've a long way to go but I know I can do it!

It might take a few goes to find the best plan for you (calorie counting wasn't for me as portioning etc for family got complicated & it was a chore lol, meal replacement was too expensive & restrictive) but when you do you'll find something clicks & you enjoy your successes.

Loads if advice on the different plans on the forums. Good luck :)

@Auburn, I have started eating a healthier diet, but haven't went on any diet plan as I've found I need to replace some of the energy burned during games/training or I'll burn out (so I've been told)

@ktcymru, 1st 11lb in just over 2 months is great work, well done..............as I said above I have no diet plan as of yet, the rugby in its self is helping me lose weight, but I'm getting a bit impatient due to my weight loss slowing down (pre-season starts in a month so it should speed up a bit more).

I'm gonna have a look around on here and see if there is a diet plan that can keep me full of energy but help kickstart my weight loss.

thanks for the welcomes ;)

Hi GM, well done on making the hard choice to even start something like this, I have used Slimming World since the start of Feb and sticking too it and being very physical at work is working wonders good luck with whatever you choose but keep us in touch with how it's going ;)

hi gary!
if u dont follow any particular plan all i can advise u (as this is what i am doing) count carbohydrate intake. U eat whatever u like as long as u dont cross certain limit of carbs gr a day :) dunno if that would make u interesed but i thought i would say :)
based on 2000kcal diet carbs intake for adult shouldnt cross 250gr a day. My diet is simply reduce that intake. i do quite extreme version allowing myself only 60-70gr a day but u could try with 150 for example n see if that works

anyway welcome to the forum n 2 stones lose is a great result anyway!! x

Back