Hello :) I am a newbie!

bye-bigun!

Sensibly losing :)
Good afternoon!
I hope I am posting this in the right section - if not then please point me in the right direction.

I am new to this forum and new to TFR type diets and I start LT tomorrow - feeling very excited about the initial process and of course first weigh-in.. trying to ignore the hesitant feelings when it comes to wondering if I am going to like the flavours I have chosen! Thank goodness I left the flapjacks on the shelf after reading thru here!

Anyway, I have been a big girl all of my life - I am now 6 stone lighter than I used to be and I have pregnancies to thank for that for the most part, plus then some SW dieting once I had a kick up the backside and a head start. I have crept back up slowly the last few weeks and gained about8 lbs so I bit the bullet yesterday after thinking it over and bought my packs today and took the bull by the horns...

I have a goal set of 2 stone for now - I am waiting on 2 major operations (one of which on my back) and also a gallbladder removal so I figure the more weight I can drop before those the better.. I am waiting on a call any day! I am not very active due to my back and I am dosed up on morphine 24/7 so I spend a lot of time online... you may soon get bored with me...!! ;)....Once I lose the 2 stone I am going to see how I feel in my own body and take it from there.. I may have another 10 lbs to go but maybe not.. where I have lost a lot of weight and had 3 babies I have found that my body is not shrinking back like I would want it to..!! And to be fair my body is in a worse state now than it was when i tipped 19 stone..! Its like a deflated balloon!! LOL! At least back then I was fat n firm! :D

So, I have opted for shakes for the first week, bought myself a big tub of the fibre stuff and a pack of the breath things too - is this all I will need? I did ask to get some pee sticks but was politely talked out of the idea.. so I just bought them on ebay!

I have been reading thru this site for hours since yesterday and getting myself geared up - up until yesterday I had never known of LP or considered a diet replacement... I was then signing up with lighterlife... then found this MUCH cheaper!!

So in a nutshell, thats me. I am hoping this diet is simple to fit in with the kids and house and all that goes with it.. cooking could be tempting but I figure total abstinence may be easier..?? time will tell I guess!

I look forward to getting to know you all over the coming weeks/months.

D
xx

Glad that you are starting on Lipotrim, the users of this site are very supportive, i'm sure you'll be o.k

Hi D , Welcome and lots of luck .Sounds like u have everything you need ,maybe treat yourself to some peppermint or green tea but thats about as exciting as it gets. worth it in the long run though .
:) x

Best of luck, once u get past the first week it gets easier!x x

Hi D, well done for losing 6 stone already. Good luck on this. You'll drop 2 stone in no time.

Well done on your fab progress to date. Six stone is a fab achievement. The remaining two stone will be gone in six to eight weeks. It will help a lot to prepare you for surgery.
Lots of luck for your first week and a brilliant weigh in.

Well done for losing 6 stone what an incredible achievement! I would never be able to do that on my own. Im so greatful that i decided to do LT (ive got 3-4 stone to lose) and that i found this forum. For the first time in my life i have got people to talk to day and night whenever things get tough or just plain boring its good to feel you are not alone! Good luck in your LT journey x

Aww thank you all so much for the warm welcome :) I have started the shakes today and feel mixed about the whole thing.. part of me is excited and wishing the next week away, part of me is hungry (of course) and everytime I serve some food for the kids I am salivating... I almost catch myself eaiting automatically so I hope I dont slip up and suddenly realise!.... I am cooking a curry right now for the family and knowing I cant even taste it to season is barmy but I WILL stick to it!
Not found the shakes as bad as i had thought and have rather enjoyed bacl tea and coffee, even gree tea was rather nice. I would be lost without my sweeetners though as I am using those every day for the last 10 yrs!

Thanks for the weight loss congrats, it was actually no work really as bad as that sounds. I had yo-yo'd for years doing sw on and off but never lost more than a stone or 2 and then being preg and constantly sick made the weight melt off! I actually gave birth lighter than I fell preg and after a few days I was actually about 4 stone less than the day I tested positive for being preg! I cant take all of the credit...!!! I did put a fair bit back on though afterwards, repeated again when I had our youngest... and here I am!!

I have 3 kiddies - a girl aged 13, a girl aged 4 and a little man aged 2..! never a quiet moment in our house! LOL! (they have their eyes on my milkshakes..!! lol)

Think the eves will be the toughest time for me and when I spend most time on here passing time and trying to forget about food! I like a pic of food of an eve (boredom perhaps!) so find I spend lots of time shopping online or go to bed at 8pm and watch tv!!! Sad or what!
xxx

Hello, welcome and good luck!

hellooo im waiting for an op too.. I have a large ovarian cyst, the doc wont take it out until I have lost 7stone, congrats on losing 6stone already! keep telling yourself its your head that wants food not your tummy... thats how ive got thru this first week x

Hiya!
I was just congratulating you on your own thread! 19lbs? WOW!!! you must be so chuffed :):)

Ovarian cyst, ouch! That cant be fun to live with., bet you cant wait to see the back of it! is there any chance it will go of its own will as you lose weight? Hope so! :)

Look forward to getting to 'know you' as the weeks tick by!
xx

Just caught this thread, hello! You sound positive and motivated and I know you can do this! Good luck, keep us posted! You will find a lot of us spend all our free time on here! X

Hello and thanks for the message!
Been reading thru the forum and keep stumbling across your name and posts so nice to 'bump in to you'..!!! Everyone here is so friendly and supportive. Have just been reading some diaries which are soo inspirational. Tempted to do one myself.. was going to keep a diary as a tool to keep me on the straight and narrow once I have finished so this sounds ideal!!
:) xx

A diary certainly makes you feel more accountable, but once your head gets in the zone the rest will follow. I'm finding it difficult in round two so stick at it!!! x

Back