Hello,I need your help!

Economist

Hello.
I am 16 year old have been changing my lifestyle 1 1/2 months ago.I signed up to a gym and I go here 5 times a week.
I use the epiliptical machine to burn 500-1000 calorie and I do 30 min strenght training each time as well.
I also sometimes join the cardio classes.
I have a question about my diet and I hope you can help me.
I tried many different things this past month and I am going through with this diet currently:
Breakfast:

1 cup of milk when I wake up,fresh
1hour afterwards when I'm at the gym I eat a fruit salad(natural no sugar,fresh) and an orange juice.

~250 cal

Lunch:
Subway salad no dressing white cheese mix vegetables and either chicken breast or beef (about 100-150g of beef/chicken)

~300-450 cal

Snack:
A boiled egg around 4pm
or a small can of water tuna

~100 cal

Dinner:
Either 2 small boiled chicken breast or 200g of heart rump(ground beef) with mushrooms and either spinash or raw vegetables.

~350-450 cal

I drink lots of water.

What do you guys think of this diet?
I know I should be eating black/pinto beans but I really dno't like them.I do eat lentils instead of salad for lunch sometimes..

I go to the gym on sunday,monday then break on tuesday then wensday thursday friday and then break on saturday.

During my ''free diet day'' which is either sunday or saturday I just eat one treat which I like such as a slice of cake or a chocolate bar but keep the same diet more or less.

Thank you very much.

Oh forgot to mention.I always have a post workout banana.(100 cal )

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that I was 118 and now 114 after 1month and a half which I feel is a bit slow.
Ideally I want to lose 1.5 kilos a week.

The maths suggests you should be losing a little more than that but the key thing is that you are losing weight. Our bodies aren't a simple energy in - energy out calculation because of metabolic and other changes that happen cyclicly and daily.

It could be that you're working out too much or eating too little and your body is adjusting to that, although if you have drastically changed your lifestyle I might have expected a quick drop followed by flattening. Or it could be that your current rate is the way it will be. If it continues you will start to see and feel the difference and you perhaps won't feel so frustrated.

Don't give up - keep going. It's worth it.

Hello and welcome to the forum. well done on the pounds you have lost so far.

we are all different and have our own metabolism thats works different for everyone. the good thing is that youre taking control of your health and exercising and trying to loose weight.

i think you would benefit from eating before you go the gym and starting your day, you need to put energy in the tank for it to start working.

maybe you should try posting over on the exercise section, theres a lot of help there and sometimes a fitness pro posts to help where he can.

wishing you lots of luck

xoxo

Hi and welcome :wavey: Well done for getting fitter and eating healthier and I'm sure the weight loss will follow. Good luck.

Welcome and good luck with your weight loss.

Hi, i think it could be worth visiting your doctor and seeing if they have a healthy eating program which is usually ran by nurses at surgeries..youre at a young and vulnerable age and i think you would benefit from some one to one help and guidance.

xoxo

Hi, i think it could be worth visiting your doctor and seeing if they have a healthy eating program which is usually ran by nurses at surgeries..youre at a young and vulnerable age and i think you would benefit from some one to one help and guidance.

xoxo

Totally agree, your body is still growing and if its not receiving everything it needs you could have problems in a few years time. Your calorie intake seems very low for someone so young, especially with the level of exercise you are doing. You really should seek proper dietary advice tailored for someone your age.

You dont say whether you are male or female or your height and that would make a difference, also working out that much you could be building a little muscle which weighs more than fat.

Well done on trying to take control of your health and fitness but please see a Dr/nutritionist for proper advice

Back