Hello, I'm new and have a lot to lose.

chiligal

Hi!

Thought I should introduce my self properly, I have about 10.5 stone to lose in order to get to a healthy weight and this time around I am determined to do it...however long it takes!

I have struggled with my weight since I left school and stopped dance classes which up until I was 16 I did 6 nights a week. Since then I have consistently put on weight. I think it's because I have always associated food with comfort and reward, I am not one of those people who goes off their food when upset - quite the opposite in fact!

When I had my son 12 years ago, I weighed about 16 stone and joined ww for the 1st time, stuck at it until I lost a stone and then left.

When I was pregnant with my eldest daughter 8 years ago I developed a condition called SPD which left my in agony and housebound (and on crutches). Although I had always been overweight I had remained active and walked about 20+ miles a week to work and back everyday. To be unable to walk without being in severe pain was depressing and I began to comfort eat eventually leading to me gaining weight and being over 20 stone.

I had the same condition with my second daughter who is now 6 and this increased my depression and lack of mobility, thankfully I had a great physiotherapist who helped me during and after my pregnancy. Now I can walk without pain but I know that before long my weight will start to affect my mobility so I need to act now.

For the past 6 years I have tried different ways to lose the excess weight but after a month I get bored and lose my motivation. This is the first time in my life I have felt able to think about why I overeat and a lightbulb seems to have gone on in my head. I am not treating this as a temporary thing anymore, it has to be a complete lifestyle change.

I have just completed my 6th year of study with the Open University, studying through some of the hardest periods of my life and sticking to it, even though I felt like quitting so many time. If I can do that then I should be able to do this, particularly when my health (and my family) are depending on it.

But although I feel more sure of what I need to do now I know that somewhere along the way I am going to start losing my way and so I am hoping that using these forums will keep me on the straight and narrow and provide the opportunity for me to give support to others too.

Sorry for the waffling, I hope to talk to some of you soon :)

hi chilgirl

welcome to the forum come and join in whenever you want everyone is good as they know what your going through good luck on your journey

Heya Chilligal! Welcome, im new tooo :) Motivation from people in the same position is exactly what i need!!! Especially on weekends :p x

Hi! Yes I definitely find the weekends tougher too, especially as my weigh in's are Tuesday so quite close to the weekend. What day of the week do you get weighed? Hope you are having a good weekend so far :)

I get weighed tuesdays tooooo!! We feel each others weekend/weigh in pain! Lol! Xxx

welcome to the group hun, well done on your weight loss so far, you will find the wemitts section very supportive, people all have alot of weight to lose and are just doing it at their own pace, Em x

I get weighed tuesdays tooooo!! We feel each others weekend/weigh in pain! Lol! Xxx

Lol! It's good to have others in the same boat, best of luck for tomorrow x

Thanks for the welcome Emma, it's good to see others who have a lot to lose as well, you're making fantastic progress well done!

God, im nervous! Ive been good! But still nervous for tomorrow! Good luck to you toooo!x

10v3child

good luck tomorrow love

xxchezzxx

good luck with the weigh in, oh I think we all get nervous, I have to put the scales away during the week or otherwise I would never be off them, like some weird ritual numerous times a day which is crazy I know so I now have to just get the scales out on a Sat for my weigh in to stop the crazed scale hopping. Em xx

I am desperately trying not too weigh during the week but if temptation gets too much my husband hides them for me :)

I lost 1/2lb this week, bit of a come down after 2 weeks of 4lb losses but I got my 1 stone award so I am happy and looking forward to the week ahead, hope you are having a good week too x

2lb OFF! Woo. Pleased with that :D Well done on your loss! 1/2 lb is still going down, not up! Well done! ...god i could of give me sen a heartattack this mornin for how nervous i was! Luckily there was no queue at group so i could get it over with, lol. Im the same with weighing, i havent replaced the batteries in my scales for months because i was consistantly on them, i only have the wii fit that weighs me now, but i never trust it coz it always weighs around 3lb lighter than other scales. ...i make that a mini target of mine actually, to see my Wii Mii get smaller on the screen!! Lol! xx

Lol! That's quite a nice target, getting the Wii Mii smaller, I should do the same as mine is rather plump lol! Unfortunately I haven't used the Wii Fit for ages, perhaps I should give it a go tonight :)

Well done for your weigh in, that's a fantastic loss! Do you stay to group at Slimming World? I normally do but going to struggle as the kids are off school from Thursday and I can't take them along to group, so will have to weigh and leave :(

Hoping you have a fantastic week x

Yeeeeeeeeah! Get on that Wii gal! :D ...im gonna go for my bronze body magic this week, so 15 mins exercise 3 times this week. 45 mins total. Doable fo sho :) You should do the same if you havent, we could get it together! Yeah i stay to group...its quite a big group so i have to leave early for work if body image takes to long, lol. Im lucky that i can stay to group with my little one, aslong as the kids behave and dont distract from the group then the C is ok with people bringing them. Cant believe its the 6 weeks hol already!! xx

good luck girls you show them hows boss lol

xxchezzxx

Chiligal - wow 1 stone so far, fab weight loss hun, well done you! :D

lovechild - yay 2 lbs off is great, well done you, :D

Em xx

Thanks Emma!! :D youre doing fab to, inspiring weight losses each week there :)

xx

Back