Hello, I'm new and have a lot to lose.

Yeeeeeeeeah! Get on that Wii gal! :D ...im gonna go for my bronze body magic this week, so 15 mins exercise 3 times this week. 45 mins total. Doable fo sho :) You should do the same if you havent, we could get it together! Yeah i stay to group...its quite a big group so i have to leave early for work if body image takes to long, lol. Im lucky that i can stay to group with my little one, aslong as the kids behave and dont distract from the group then the C is ok with people bringing them. Cant believe its the 6 weeks hol already!! xx

Good idea, I think it's definitely an achievable target. I will aim to start on Monday and see if I can build up from there. I have got gym membership and did go regularly but my gym buddy is pregnant and it takes a lot more courage to go on my own lol!

My group is quite big too, it goes on from 9.30 to 11 usually, My consultant is fine about kids as long as they are behaving themselves but unfortunately my youngest won't set foot in unusual places or be near strangers (She's autistic) so I can't inflict group on her. I will have to use the forums for support and motivation until the holidays are over :)

How is your week going hun? xxx

Hi Chiligal, hope you have had a good week, must be great being out of the 20's, I know saying goodbye to the 22's and 21's was mega good for me and I can't wait to also wave goodbye to the 20's sometime soon all being well.

Its not been a bad week for me, just wish I could get out of the habit of looking in the mirror and being nasty to myself about my size, I know so many people do it, its like sometimes we are our own worst enemies! I am just so hopeful that this will be my time to beat the battle of the bulge, its been a long time coming as I know so many others on here feel. Em xx

Good idea, I think it's definitely an achievable target. I will aim to start on Monday and see if I can build up from there. I have got gym membership and did go regularly but my gym buddy is pregnant and it takes a lot more courage to go on my own lol!

My group is quite big too, it goes on from 9.30 to 11 usually, My consultant is fine about kids as long as they are behaving themselves but unfortunately my youngest won't set foot in unusual places or be near strangers (She's autistic) so I can't inflict group on her. I will have to use the forums for support and motivation until the holidays are over :)

How is your week going hun? xxx

Heeey hun! :)
Ive just posted in the thread i started a couple of days ago...6 week summer survival! Ive had a good week, but TERRIBLE weekend involving booze, mucho fun! But not liking the after effects and WI is going to be scary :( *sigh* im drawing a line under it and having a green tea to flush my system out, tomorrow is a new day. Silly thing is i feel thinner today, but i know it'll just be water weight thats missing from being dehydrated after lots of white wine!
Ive defo earnt my bronze anyway, lots of walking yesterday across the fields, about 3 miles and lots of hills :) Awh, know what you mean about gym buddy, i used to swim with a friend and when she stopped i just didnt have motivation! Lol, your group is on at the same time as mine! Im not staying to group this week for long as we're off on a day out...taking picnic so all fine food wise! Totally understandable for you not to stay with your daughter, we can see you through the hols instead :D

Hows your week?xxx

Hi, I'm going to stay positive for you and hope that the body magic has cancelled out the booze over the weekend! Great news that you feel thinner anyway, that must be a good sign surely!

We are pretty much in the same mindset then approaching this weeks weigh in. I had a dreadful migraine on Friday (I get them once a month or so), spent the whole day in bed with a towel over my head to block out the practically non-exsistent light coming through my curtains and had sickness and nausea all day. By 10pm I was sooooo hungry but only fancied pastry (something I never usually like) and ate 2 Cornish pasties at over 25 syns each! It was the only thing I could stomach so I'm not going to beat myself up about it but I am not too positive about weigh in.

Still onwards and upwards! I will look out for you tomorrow and check out your thread.

Best of luck for tomorrow xxx

Last edited:
Hi Chiligal, hope you have had a good week, must be great being out of the 20's, I know saying goodbye to the 22's and 21's was mega good for me and I can't wait to also wave goodbye to the 20's sometime soon all being well.

Its not been a bad week for me, just wish I could get out of the habit of looking in the mirror and being nasty to myself about my size, I know so many people do it, its like sometimes we are our own worst enemies! I am just so hopeful that this will be my time to beat the battle of the bulge, its been a long time coming as I know so many others on here feel. Em xx

Hi Emma, I might well be going back into the 20's as its not been a great week. But I am not going to be hard on myself as I know there will be ups and downs along the way. As long as I make sure there are more ups than downs I'll be ok!

It is hard to stop being hard on yourself when you have done it for so long, I can totally understand that. Do you find it worse when the weather is nice and people are walking around in shorts and little tops? I have always found the summer difficult as its so uncomfortable in the heat and I feel I have to cover up, it's depressing :(

You are making amazing progress and everyday is a step closer to being healthy and slimmer. I just keep focussing on looking and feeling so much better next summer and at the moment that's spurring me on.

Be kind to yourself, you are already doing so well xxx

Hi Chiligal, just don't beat yourself up, we all have better and worse weeks, when I went out for an Italian the other day I ordered this garlic bread thing for starters and then this pizza and chips , it was my treat night that said when the starter arrived it was huge, like the size of a main meal pizza and I hate to admit it but I ate the lot, I ended up basically having equal to two pizzas in a row and some chips, but boy the food tasted good even if I did have to basically roll away from the table! I just got back on track the next day, we all have times when we over indulge, we are just human and anyway its nice to eat some treat foods now and again and for some its nice to have a drink when out.

Re the weather that is so true, I have always hated the nice weather and I know its because I always get too hot , if I was much slimmer I am sure I would love it, but I feel all hot and horrible and seeing everyone around in their tight summery clothes makes me feel like a massive frump. It would be so great if next summer like you said we can be in nice summery clothes too. I think we are often our own abusers , I know I have been for years, look in the mirror call myself horrible things and wonder why I feel like crap! I think its going to take time to put this type of behaviour behind me.

Em xx

It does take some time to change our mindset, particularly when it's so ingrained and deep rooted. You'll get there though, I'm sure of it. Especially when you are able to access support from forums like this. It always helps me to see other people with the same worries who can offer support and understanding.

It's absolutely sweltering here today and even though I am wearing cropped trousers and a loose cotton top I was sweating like mad walking to group (20 min walk). I took a litre bottle of water and drank the whole thing as it was so hot. Still looking ahead to next summer and being less uncomfortable in the heat. Funnily enough a lady came back to our SW group today. We started at the same time last year and both stopped going after a few months due to family issues etc... It was lovely to see her back at group, she said the main thing that spurred her on to come back was feeling so uncomfortable during the summer. I dread it every year, but this time I am going to do something about it :)

Hope everyone is having a good day so far!

exactly chiligal, to say a short while ago I didn't even know the minimins site existed and now its my biggest source of support each day, its so good talking to those battling the same or similar things and seeing other people doing well motivates me that I can as well.

I know this weather is too hot for me but that said its bound to be at my size, I hate getting all hot and horrible and looking like a lobster! Well heres hoping next year I can join the summer loving club and have some nice summery clothes to put on. Em xx

How is everyone doing this week? I am finding the hot weather is helping quite a lot as I'm not as hungry and I have been drinking loads more water than I usually do.

Going out for a meal tomorrow night for my friends birthday and drinks after, I am a bit nervous as it's the first time I've been out since restarting SW. I have looked at the menu so I can plan ahead and will drink diet coke (& vodka!) so shouldn't be too bad.

I bought a dress yesterday, it was a size 22 so two whole sizes smaller than I would usually wear. I'm surprised at myself as I never, ever wear dresses but it looks pretty good on (Luckily my legs aren't too bad, just the rest of me!) with my new wedge sandals :) I am still a bit worried about going out just because I am not very confident anymore but knowing that I am doing something about my weight and my confidence makes it feel a bit easier - if that makes sense.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous week x

Oh Chiligal thats fab, oh you must be so pleased to be in the size 22's now:D, snap as well as I was in a size 26 six weeks ago and now am in a size 22, I have said goodbye to my size 26's and size 24's - yay!!:D

Oh like you I find this hot weather helps in a way as I am just nowhere near as hungry and it makes it so much easier to keep my fluid intake up, I have been going through loads of watery orange squash this week!

Oh enjoy your meal out hun, you deserve a nice treat, I went out with my dad to pizza hut this week and I really enjoyed my meal, the best thing was that I got to eat my treat foods but also at the same time got to realise that my appetite has shrunk and I am getting better at stopping and knowing when I am full which I never did before so still ate a decent amount but nowhere near what I would have done six weeks ago when I started this plan. So go off and have fun, one night is not going to wreck things, I personally think food treats help, make an eating plan more likely to succeed in the long run as you don't feel hard done by, I have been on my plan for six weeks now and in that time I have had three lovely meals out, they have been my planned treats and I still have lost plenty of weight as I kept on track the rest of the time, we are often far too hard on ourselves! Also personally I think a nice meal out can help kick start the weight loss again as our body starts to adjust to what we are eating regularly and a nice meal full of treat foods for me seems to shock my body but in a good way!

Oh and like you said you are tackling your weight now, that is such a positive thing and as we all know not easy to do, you are re-gaining control and that is amazing hun!

Em xx

Back