Hello! I'm new here :-)

Muso_Girl

Hello everyone,

I started my weight loss journey at 14 stone 10lbs. I have fluctuated between 14.5 and 15 stone for as long as I can remember and decided (for many reasons) that 2015 was the year to better myself, starting with my weight.

I started LighterLife on the 2nd January and lost 16lbs in 4 weeks. I am now at the lowest weight that I have been at for..... I have no idea!!

Unfortunately, I didn't anticipate how difficult it would be to continue to afford LighterLife at over £70 a week. And also didn't like the patronising way my "councillor" spoke to me when I admitted in the group session that I had eaten real food on my birthday because my friends (who didn't know I was dieting) took me out for dinner. I was willing to look past that until I looked at my finances for Feb and realised I was going to struggle to buy the packs for a couple of weeks. So I googled food packs hoping to be able to buy the LL packs cheaper online and came across Exante.

I must say, so far, I am really impressed. I ordered food packs at 4pm yesterday and they were with me by 11am this morning. They have such fantastic deals on at the moment, I paid £57 for 93 food packs (over a month's supply) plus next day delivery. That's a saving of nearly £250 for this month. I have tried a chocolate shake, and a thai chicken soup and so far, I am really impressed! I was also really happy to see such a wide range of food packs on Exante and can't wait to try more. I was getting very tired of LL's spag bol and shepherd's pie on repeat!

While the LL group sessions are a good idea in theory, I already knew that I had issues with food (I'm a binge eater!) and have a fair idea where they stem from. I just found that the group sessions were too general for me and when there are a large number of people in a group, well.... I felt a little exclude at times. So I have decided to look into CBT with a trained therapist in a one to one session as I will be saving so much money on Exante!

My goal weight is 9 and a half stone. I am going away for a few days at the beginning of May and hope to be under the 11 stone mark by then!

I hope 2015 is going well for everybody so far, I'm really looking forward to caring and sharing with you all, your forums have been invaluable to me in getting through the last 4 weeks!

Well, I've got to admit, I was worried this week. I swapped to Exante after a couple of days off diet and have been worried I am not in ketosis this week. (I bought a batch of ketostix and so far all have come back beige). But I did a weigh in today and lost 5lbs this week. I have officially lost 1 1/2 stones since the 2nd January! Very happy! :)

Hi Muso_Girl

You kindly replied to my introduction thread.

I've sent you a long reply but they won't put it on the board until the moderator has approved it. That was hours ago and it still hasn't appeared.

I think they must think i'm a dodgy character.

I joined the board on 02.05.14. They activated my account yesterday 07.02.15 during which time I lost 14kgs.

I am normal by the way!!!

Reply approved, it was a long post and you hadn't posted for a while, which is why it went to moderation. We are all volunteers and not always online, but usually one of us will get it flagged up x Welcome to the site

Thanks Cheryl

My main worry was if you deleted my post and I would have to start again.

I and i'm sure all of us on the board appreciate the time and effort you and the other mods put in making the board what it is.

Thanks once again

Back