Hello, Im new, may need lots of advice x

karen999

Hi everyone. I have just started on my slimming world journey so that I would pop in and say hello. I have been reading some of the weekly food diaries and I really find it helpful for ideas, especailly when people put what day they are on and how many syns things are. It is a great help, so thanks in advance for all of you who do it and hopefully one day when i understand what I am doing I will be able to reciprocate.

I am new to the slimming world concept. I have done weight watchers nearly all my life so getting my head around food combining is really new to me.

Before I joined slimming world on Monday I had lost 1 and a half stone on my own from November, eating a very boring diet of around 1000 calories a day but for some reason I seem to have come to a plateau even though I have not done anything different, I think my body just adjusted to what I was eating (probably not enough) so I am a little scared from going from eating 1000 calories a day to stuffing (not literallly) my face with "free food" when I am hungry. I just got used to the "hungry" feeling.

Anyway just thought I would say hello. I may start a food diary so if anyone wanted to chip in and tell me where i am going wrong please feel free to doing so. I am still getting confused as to what extra easy is, as oppesed to red or green day. should i really be on extra easy at the beginning as there just seems like far too much free food to eat.

Karen

Hi Karen, welcome to sw, you'll love it. You remind me of my friend who didn't believe sw would work as you eat too much etc, she had been flogging herself in the gym and on a really restrictive diet but not really losing anything..... anyway, she tried sw (just for a week initially) and has now lost 2 stone and is at target.

I know it seems to good to be true but it honestly works - enjoy, and let us know how you're getting on xx

Hello and welcome! If you have any questions, queries, need advice, or anything really, have a look at the boards and get involved! If you post on the main SW section you may get a few more responses than one of the subs! Also why not start your own diary so then we can all take inspiration from you too? Good luck with SW, I'm sure you'll love it xxx

thanks for the warm welcome. just to let you know i went for my first weigh in today and i had lost 3lbs. dunno if it is a fluke as it is the time of the month and for some reason i am always lighter i will let you know next week.
karen

3lbs is a great loss for someone who is in a 'plateau'! well done!!

Back