Hello I'm new six stone to loose

80lbstogo

:).

Hi I have six stone to loose. I'm a working mum of five boys all under 8 and I have reached a point where I need to lose weight for my own sanity.

It is now affecting my everyday life I am becoming reclusive where I feel so bad about how I look ridiculous but true.

I have had many failed 1/2 hearted attempts skimming world, cal counting etc in the last few years the lowest weight I got down to was 13 stone I then had a another baby and it piled back on. I'm now at my heaviest of 16 stone

I am 5'3 and so am aiming for 10 stone. I don't even recognise myself anymore I saw some pictures of me yesterday and spend the rest of the day crying and eating - nightmare !!

Hope to meet some people in the same boat and keep motivated I find with all the daily stress young children and general life brings food has become my crutch and friend... How to break the cycle

Hi there Newbie, Welcome to the forum.
Know where you are coming from as I was 16st 2lb when I started back in April 2010 and I am only 4'11" so you can imagine I was a lot more podgier than you... :D

Good to see that you are going to get those pounds off altho' I am sure it won't be easy with your young family to see to but you will feel so much better for it.
The majority of people on here have very much the same problems as we do and you have come to the right place for help and support.

Get yourself a diary up and running on here as soon as you can and then we know where to find you...

All the very best to you ... Emmaline.. :)

p.s. Which diet are you going to follow?

Hello Emma thakyou for the reply - I'm going to calorie count as then I can eat same ish foods as rest of family il set up a diary and keep you updated

Glad to hear I'm not the only one I am soo cross and embarrassed that I have let myself get to where I am it's got to the stage where my family laugh when I say I'm going on a diet which is quite demoralising so I'm going to keep quiet about this attempt and seek support here from people who know what I'm going through ! X hope to speak again soon

They should be supporting you not laugh! At least you don't need exercise classes with 5 little ones to look after I don't know how you do it!
Good luck x

Hi ya i have around 6 st to lose too, i am following slimming world and on week 4.
Good luck, you can do it!!!
xx

Back