Hello! I'm new!!

LISACDVIRGIN

Silver Member
Hey I'm pretty new to all this so plz be gentle!:)
Ok so I started the Cambridge Diet today-Monday 3rd September.
So far I've had 1 choc mint powder and drank 2 litres water. Just about to have second powder mix. I'm feeling pretty ok 2 be honest. Slight hunger pangs but nothing overwhelming. I'm determined not to weigh myself until a week has gone by but after only 8 hours the scales are screaming at me:eek:
I've put on a stone a year every year since I was 16. I'm 22 now and at 5ft 4inches I now weigh 16 stone 12lbs. I had my first child in January and can't bear being this weight while he grows up as I know it will restrict me in doing so much with him and for him.:sigh:
I am also planning to get married on the 19th of June 2009 but I refuse to do so until i have a "normal" BMI.:tear_drop:

I am so determined to do well on this diet and have lots of support from my fiance but I wanted to join this forum also as I need to know how other ppl r coping!! :eek:

Anyway feel free to contact me, message me, email me, annoy me in any way u wish! And I promise to do so in return.:D

I'm looking forward to this. And I will keep you posted as much as poss. Right now i'm off to have some spicy tomato soup. Wish me luck:)

Welcome Lisa. And congratulations on starting CD. Whenever i start to have problems I look at the slide show and it soon encourages and motivates me.
Irene xx

Welcome Lisa, You are sounding really positive which is great.. Remember that the Water is very important...The more you drink the more you'll shrink! (my fav saying at mo)

welcome to minis Lisa... congrats on starting CD, i'm sure ull do well but lot's of luck anyway.

Good luck, you will shrink in no time. x

Welcome to the boards Lisa, they are FAB for keeping you motivated and on track - I couldn't cope without them!

Good luck on your weight loss journey - you'll be amazed how fast you shrink!

Hi Lisa

Hope the rest of today goes well for you! The choc mint shake is my favourite and the bars are lovely. I'm in Glasgow too although unfortunately the meet up is being held when I'm on holiday.
Stick with the diet, VLCDs are brilliant!

Welcome Lisa! I hope you enjoy the boards, I find them fantastic for support, everyone is so lovely and there is always someone around if you need help - good luck with your journey x

Welcome to CD and good luck hun, get the first week under your belt and you won't look back, the weight will drop off. We're all here when you need us.

Georgie
x

Welcome Lisa and good luck with starting the CD :)

Good Mornin Lis,

How ya diddlin today??

Well done for grabbing the bull by the horns and getting onto CD.

You must join the DAILY THREADS for support...just look out every day for the new thread, it has that days day in the title, usually like this: IT'S TUESDAY, LET'S DO IT HOUR BY HOUR. lots of lovley people on there, including me :D.

Know what you mean about losing your weight to make the most of your little boys early years. My little girl is 2 1/2 and I know she'll benefit from my weight loss too. So, good on you hun.

Hope to chat with you on the daily.... inbetween nappy changes and bottle feeds I guess..... Me? I'll be posting inbetween tidying the kitchen, emptying the washing machine, watching cbeebies with my little girl, and oh yeah, inbetween running to the toilet :D lol

Good luck sweetie.
ttfn

xx sj xx

Hi Lisa

Well done for starting CD, the best diet ever, and welcome to Mini's, the best support network.

You sound really focused so Im sure you will succeed. These first few days will be really really tough, just keep glugging the water and stick to the packs and stay strong. After 3 or 4 days it does start to get easier, I promise! The hunger pangs will stop when you go into ketosis.

The more water you can drink, the better.

Looking forward to hearing about your fantastic first weeks loss. What day is your weigh in?

Thanku!!

Hiya ppl,

Aw I am so overwhelmed by the amount of encouragement and support I've had over the past 24 hours!:D

Well after writing on here yesterday I had the spicy tomato soup which I loved! :)And then last night I had the oriental chilli---which I hated!! :jelous:

I managed to drink it though and also 4 litres of water yesterday and I have to admit it was hard but I did it!! :cool:The first half of the day was pretty easy but by 6pm last night I felt like biting off my own hand I was so hungry. :eek:Even Alex's baby food looked appealing!! So to keep my mind off it I fed and bathed baby, watched corrie and eastenders and then took some work and sat in bed studying til my fiance came home! However when he came home I thought it was all over as he started making food and I thought the smell of it was gonna turn me into a mad woman/incredible hulk type and start eating everything in sight!! I didn't tho!! :DI turned over and went to sleep and dreamt of how happy I'll be when I'm my ideal weight! Btw, my fiance is a chef......just to add to my nightmare.:rolleyes:
Decided that this evening if I'm feeling the same hungry way then I'm going to go out for a wee walk and some fresh air to take my mind off it!

I would defo love to come to the Glasgow meet. When and where is it?
I don't live too far from the city centre.

Today will be spent cleaning my house, house hunting on the net, and watching cbeebies with Alex!! He's asleep just now. I'm gonna try the Strawberry and Banana mixes today. I feel fine this morning! I've been up and out since 8.30am and I'm honestly not feeling hungry at all...yet!:p

Anyway just wanted to say thankyou to everybody for all the messages. They really helped. I'm off to join daily thread now for support.

Oh btw, Weigh in will be on Sunday evening. Roll on Sunday!!!!;)

P.S. No1 told me I'd be peeing like I was pregnant again!!!!!!!

Back