Hello I'm New

Kitty

Hello
I'm new to this sight and I am going to go and see my CDC tomorrow evening so hopefully be starting the Cambridge Diet on Tuesday. My daughter is going with me so we are going to try and do it together.
I am excited but scared at the same time time I would like to lose 56lb.
How long do you think it will take and how much do you think I could lose by Christmas.
I need all the help I can get and I feel this sight will help no end.
Any tips would be wonderful
Kitty xxxxx:)

Hiya Kitty!!

Welcome to the boards

With 3 months to Xmas I would expect you to be within a stone of goal weight by then.

Just make sure you glug the old water and be tough this first week.

Anyway well done for starting and this diet works!

Mike

Hi Kitty and Welcome

Fab you are doing this with your daughter, to be able to support each other is great.

I have lost 36 pounds and I am in week 8. I have had one bad week in all of that, but usually am very good with drinking my water, and as Mike says, water is the key, it really is magic, drink as much as you can (within reason obviously) and the weight comes off quicker and those mental feelings of being hungry disappear too. I usually know if I am drinking enough because I need to go the loo every 40 minutes or so! Isn't always convenient but everytime I go for a wee I think about the weight I am burning off walking there too LOL

Good luck to you and your daughter, you can do it!

Looking forward to seeing how you get on!

Hi Kity - I started CD on monday and have found it has gone and well. I'm not hungry at all and drinknig water all the time! Day 2/3 I had horried headaches, but took pills and it certianly didn't stop me doing anything I needed to do those days. After that it's been more a psychological thing.
Anyway good luck with the first week.

(oh and for some reason I can't make my ticker work! I'm copying and pasting the address from tickerfactory and it worked on DH forums but not here! how did you do it?)

Hi Kitty

Welcome to the boards and good luck with the diet. Follow Mike's tips about drinking the water: grit your teeth and NO CHEATING no matter what. Once you're through that first week it'll all get easier.

I've been on CD for six months and have lost 6st 6lb (90lb) so this diet really does work. And if a food junkie like me can lose weight this way then anyone can!

Keep us posted on your progress!

(oh and for some reason I can't make my ticker work! I'm copying and pasting the address from tickerfactory and it worked on DH forums but not here! how did you do it?)

In tickerfactory, highlight the contents of the box that gives you the BB code, click 'copy' then go into 'user CP' on the little blue bar at the top of this page, go to 'edit signature' and paste the code into the signature box. Click on preview to have a look and if you like it, save it!

Hope this helps :)

Back