Hello Ladies!

Alia

Silver Member
Hi Ladies

It's taken me a while to post here although I've been lurking in the background and reading alot. I'm not new to the site however I've been on an 'extended' break and am now on a new chapter of my seemingly never ending weightloss journey and feel ready to come back and participate with my fellow slimmers here.

I have had a life time battle with my weight and have never really got very far with beating it. If there is a diet thats been created I've done it even all the faddy ones without success (now there is a suprise!). I've also had weightloss surgery twice! First time went horribly wrong and finally ten years after the first one I had corrective surgery on my original 'stomache' stapling and effectively had a bypass. I'm living proof that weightloss surgery is no guarantee of success and I'm still struggling with my weight issues. After my bypass I did initially lose 6 stone very quickly but then started eating things I should n't have been eating, stopped eating meals and went back to my old habits of living off crap - no suprise really then that 4 of that 6 stone I lost went back on very quickly and I began to feel it as pains that had lessened with my weightloss came back and my mobility worsened.

In February I had a miscarriage and when asking the midwife if there was any reason it happened she told me they could n't really tell but my weight could have been a factor! It was like a slap in the face to me although I did try to convince myself for a few weeks that she was talking crap cause I've got 6 children and have been very big through all my pregnancies and never had any 'weight' related problems while carrying all of my babies. Something stuck to me though cause I started thinking about carrying a baby with all the weight I have on me and all the pain I'm in now and how it would only get worse as a pregnancy progressed and decided that I had to finally do something about my weight and put on hold any plans for pregnancy for now.

I started following the Slimming World plan on the 15th March and since then have lost 2 stone 10lbs.

I'm doing things so differently this time - the way I've gone about things in the past have not lasted and although I'd lose loads of weight in the first couple of months I'd soon come off plan cause I'd be so strict with myself, not allowing myself any treats that I could n't maintain it for long periods of time. This time I'm looking at the bigger picture and having a complete change in lifestyle rather than seeing it as a diet - slow and steady is what I am after and I'm allowing myself treats and using my syns etc. I would like the weight to come off quicker but I'm being realistic, I've got a huge amount of weight to lose and every pounds counts. If I have a bad day thats ok, we all have them and the next day is a new one - previously a bad day would turn into a bad week then missing group and so on and then never getting back into it and coming off plan totally, gaining what I've lost back plus more.

All the support that I can get from Minimins will really help me along my journey and for the first time in my life I'm not considering myself as on a diet but that this is how healthy living should be.

Alia xxx

Hi Alia,
Welcome to this site - and well done on your fantastic weight loss so far.
You've obviously had a tough time - this is a great place to get lots of support as well as motivation to carry on.
Good luck with the rest of your SW journey.

your doing really well so far. I find this site better than class so your in the right place just shout if you need help-there's always someone around. x

Hi Alia....
Hope your journey is a smooth one..
don't know if you are interested -but we have a group running called "queen size to princess" -we all have quite a lot to lose...feel free to come and find us if you think some extra support will help..
Good luck:D

Hi Alia,

i read your thread just and it bought a tear to my eye!

what u have said reminds me so much of myself!

ive also been struggling with my weight all my life but just kept on getting bigger and bigger!

i wish you all the luck in the world hun as i know what it is like to be very overweight and have loads to lose,i want to get back down to wot i was 4yrs ago then take it fom there!!!
ive lost 1 stone 2lb so far in the first 3 weeks,i get weighed 2nite(4week) so i hopeing for a few pond loss.

Good luck hun with your weight loss journey!!!

Hi Alia....
Hope your journey is a smooth one..
don't know if you are interested -but we have a group running called "queen size to princess" -we all have quite a lot to lose...feel free to come and find us if you think some extra support will help..
Good luck:D

Hi there hunney.... I'd love to be a part of the queensize group, where do I find it?

Hi there and welcome!

Im sorry to read about your upsets over the years Hun. You are in my thoughts.

I had gastric surgery too..I had a band and I think I would have cheated had it not been for doing something about my weight in earnest and doing the SW plan. There are days where I am upbeat and others where I could just throw it all away, but then I think about how far I have come and it gives me more determination to continue.

Good luck with your journey and dont be a stranger to posting!

xx

Hi Alia,

i read your thread just and it bought a tear to my eye!

what u have said reminds me so much of myself!

ive also been struggling with my weight all my life but just kept on getting bigger and bigger!

i wish you all the luck in the world hun as i know what it is like to be very overweight and have loads to lose,i want to get back down to wot i was 4yrs ago then take it fom there!!!
ive lost 1 stone 2lb so far in the first 3 weeks,i get weighed 2nite(4week) so i hopeing for a few pond loss.

Good luck hun with your weight loss journey!!!

wow you are doing so well so far, I'll be checking your posts to follow your progress and with us both being in a similar situation we might end up being a great support to one another x

Hi Alia

i am part of queensize team too, with our lovely capricorn, if you look under slimming world teams,we are there! best of luck with your weight loss journey xx

Welcome to minimins! Congrats on your terrific weight loss. You have done so well.

I wish you all the very best. You can do it!

Don't hesitate to ask if there is anything you would like help with. Everyone here is so lovely and helpful.

Hi there Alia
If you look in the SW teams section-we are in there "Queen size to princess"...look forward to you joining us

Hi Alia

i am part of queensize team too, with our lovely capricorn, if you look under slimming world teams,we are there! best of luck with your weight loss journey xx
Beaten to it..well done Losc:D

Cheers hun,
i always get so happy when i do find someone very slimar to myself in weight and height as sometimes i feel like i am the only one like this:(

I do have a couple of groups myself on here hun so your wellcome to have alook!!

xxtannysxx 10lb challenge!!

Is there anyone who needs to lose over 10 stone!!

:p tee hee, sorry capricorn!!!:8855: We must have been typing at the same time!;) XX

Hi & welcome to the forum *waves*

Your weight loss story is so heart felt, you really sound like the motivation is set to stay & I wish you every luck in the world on your journey.

x x x

Thank you for all the lovely replies - I know from past experience here on minimins what a positive effect people here have on our daily struggles. I'm feeling so motivated now, seen so many ways in which I've succeeded where on previous attempts I'd have failed.

I'll will be a regular visitor here, that's for sure, I dont think I'll be able to do it alone :)

Good luck on your weight loss journey, you've made a great start already :) x

Back