hello minimins ...again ...hello cambridge ...again

slushy

Silver Member
hi to anyone who is reading this

its very quiet to how it was back when i joined in 2006 ... i looked at the facebook group and joined one but still prefer this forum and the chance to do a diary - even if only for myself

i first did cambridge about 15 years ago i think ... this time is my fourth or fifth attempt ...not to mention periods of doing slimming world, ww, and even atkins in the meantime

anyway ..for me ..i know cambridge works and i do lose the weight. i just always make the same mistake of getting cocky when the weight comes off and not working up through the plans but just going back to my old way of eating ... lets be honest noones going to keep weight off doing that

so here i am again

i started on saturday at 13.1. i think that is my heaviest ever but not by much.

every other diet i have tried over the past however many years, i have managed to do while working as long haul cabin crew ... sometimes working up to 18 hour duty days ... the temptation of lovely food in first class or in hotels ...mini bars with pringles and m and ms on display ... the whole of my social life focused on eating and drinking with friends. i was also a carer for my dad in later years and cooking him his old fashioned full english breakfasts , meat and potato dinners and a pudding every night.
well things have changed ... i retired to care for my dad last year and then he passed away so i am in a house on my own now and no job making me work ungodly hours or putting temptation in my way. my fridge and cupboards have been emtpied of all temptation and all perishables. so i really have no excuse and no reason to fail!

so this is day 4 for me and so far so good. im doing step 1a as im 5'2". i would have usually been in ketosis by now but dont feel that i am yet.

anyway just wanted to get this down in words and to say hi to anyone whos on here and whos doing this with me.

time to put the kettle on : ) ( oh and im hoping to poop today .. i feel fine but didnt 'go' sunday or monday!)

Hello there! 😍

This section of the forum is very quiet compared to other diets but there are a few of us lurking around here!!! It’s great to see a new face and I’m looking forward to following your journey! I’m very sorry to hear what you have been through with your dad.

Best of luck this time, you definitely can do it and working up the steps really is the key. I lost over a stone and half on Cambridge last August, which I have pretty much maintained since then by first doing Step 3 for a while and then just transitioning to keeping my calories approximately at maintenance (2000 per day). I was very worried that I would gain it back once I started eating ‘normally’ but I didn’t as long as I was reasonable about portion control.

I hadn’t reached my target when I stopped so I restarted again just yesterday as I still have another stone and a half to two stone to lose. It’s a great incentive knowing how fast it works and also that it really is possible to maintain! There’s another person here who started around the same time as me who has also maintained most of her loss, so you can do it too! I’m lucky to get 4 products per day as I’m 5 foot 8.5 but I am going to do 3 products + a small meal soon as I tend to lose as much if I do that.

Good luck today! Xx

Hey slushy,

Welcome back!

Sorry to hear of your loss, hope you are okay.

There aren't many of us but I think a lot post on the diary board cos it's so quiet on here.

I also restarted yesterday, this will be my 2nd attempt to get to goal with Cambridge and this will be the last!

Best of luck to you!

Dxxx

Hey slushy,

Welcome back!

Sorry to hear of your loss, hope you are okay.

There aren't many of us but I think a lot post on the diary board cos it's so quiet on here.

I also restarted yesterday, this will be my 2nd attempt to get to goal with Cambridge and this will be the last!

Best of luck to you!

Dxxx

Glad to see you are still hanging around here too Dolly! You can do it! Xxx

hi to anyone who is reading this

its very quiet to how it was back when i joined in 2006 ... i looked at the facebook group and joined one but still prefer this forum and the chance to do a diary - even if only for myself

i first did cambridge about 15 years ago i think ... this time is my fourth or fifth attempt ...not to mention periods of doing slimming world, ww, and even atkins in the meantime

anyway ..for me ..i know cambridge works and i do lose the weight. i just always make the same mistake of getting cocky when the weight comes off and not working up through the plans but just going back to my old way of eating ... lets be honest noones going to keep weight off doing that

so here i am again

i started on saturday at 13.1. i think that is my heaviest ever but not by much.

every other diet i have tried over the past however many years, i have managed to do while working as long haul cabin crew ... sometimes working up to 18 hour duty days ... the temptation of lovely food in first class or in hotels ...mini bars with pringles and m and ms on display ... the whole of my social life focused on eating and drinking with friends. i was also a carer for my dad in later years and cooking him his old fashioned full english breakfasts , meat and potato dinners and a pudding every night.
well things have changed ... i retired to care for my dad last year and then he passed away so i am in a house on my own now and no job making me work ungodly hours or putting temptation in my way. my fridge and cupboards have been emtpied of all temptation and all perishables. so i really have no excuse and no reason to fail!

so this is day 4 for me and so far so good. im doing step 1a as im 5'2". i would have usually been in ketosis by now but dont feel that i am yet.

anyway just wanted to get this down in words and to say hi to anyone whos on here and whos doing this with me.

time to put the kettle on : ) ( oh and im hoping to poop today .. i feel fine but didnt 'go' sunday or monday!)

Hi Slushy, how are you?

I am restarting too after gaining some weight back recently 🙈

Welcome back Slushy:classic_smile:

My heart goes out to you on the loss of your beloved father(((HUGS)))

You did very well with CD before and I’m sure you will again.

morning all

hi again mini -- hope youre well xx

well the pink fairy known as ketosis finally arrived. didnt really need a ketostick to tell me but used one anyway and there was the little pink square.

slept like a log!! not sure if thats due to ketosis and the diet or to the fact that this week is the first time in a year that i havent used alcohol to cheer myself up/as a prop to get through some pretty awful times

add to that that the sun is shining although its white with frost outside, and i feel its going to be a good day

quick question... step 1a .... beanies and littles flavoured coffees ...... yay or nay??

have a good day my lovelies x

Morning slushy,

Glad you slept well.

I don't check that I am in ketosis with strips, where do you get them from?

I would say the beanies and flavoured coffee would be fine, I am going to pick one up when they are on offer. I am sure I seen a cinder toffee flavour one!

It's a frosty day here too, had to scrape the car this morning.

Dxxx

Great that you’re sleeping well, keto can do the opposite for a lot of people so that’s brilliant to hear! I have a few jars of those coffees that I got from the Exante website (along with a few random Exante bits that I mix in with Cambridge) and they haven’t ever interfered with my losses. They are yummy but sometimes nothing can beat plain coffee! I’ve also had the odd can of Coke Zero with no negative effects... I’m so rebellious haha! Xxx

hi dolly hi cd

only reason i wanted to get the flavored coffee is im really missing my vanilla lattes. theyre only 2 cals per drink so i dont think one a day will hurt

i also have a can of coke zero each night when i would have been having jack daniels and coke in my previous life haha

ive been looking at summer clothes today .... im hoping i can be at a stable healthy weight so i can wear shorts this summer. i didnt even wear anything remotely summery last year through that lovely heatwave we had ... was stuck in too tight round the waist jeans and baggy short sleeved t shirts . so ..thats my goal .. a sleeveless summer top of some kind and short shorts --- even if i only dare wear them in the garden : ) my legs havent seen day light for about ten years!!

how has your day been ladies?

My legs are the same - they will start smoking like wee vampire legs their first outing probably :classic_tongue::classic_tongue::classic_tongue:

Oh I cannot wait to wear something nice and summery!

I would say you could drink more than one of those coffees a day plus add them into a hot shake. Think that would taste lovely.

Dxxx

bit cross today
got weighed this morning and have only lost 3.5 lbs in my first week of being 100% except for the coke zeros and splash of skimmed milk twice a day ( not together lol )
however in retrospect - i wont have completed a full week until tomorrow morning so i suppose its not dreadful .. it does take me down into the twelves and a loss is a loss.
treated myself to a couple of nice candles

hope everyone else is ok
( if i dont lose well next week ill try cutting out the coke zero and skimmed milk but i actually think theyre what make me stick to this and slow and stead is better than giving them up and then falling off plan altogether )

bit cross today
got weighed this morning and have only lost 3.5 lbs in my first week of being 100% except for the coke zeros and splash of skimmed milk twice a day ( not together lol )
however in retrospect - i wont have completed a full week until tomorrow morning so i suppose its not dreadful .. it does take me down into the twelves and a loss is a loss.

hope everyone else is ok
( if i dont lose well next week ill try cutting out the coke zero and skimmed milk but i actually think theyre what make me stick to this and slow and stead is better than giving them up and then falling off plan altogether )

Well done slushy, like you say, a loss is a loss - the most important thing is it is going in the right direction 😊

I’ve had weeks before where I’ve not lost as much as expected, but I also had weeks where it was a little more so I guess it all balances out overall, albeit I know that may not rid that disheartening feeling when you know you’ve been 100%

bit cross today

hope everyone else is ok

Hi slushy, sorry to hear you are disappointed with your loss, but 3.5lb in six days is still a lot better than where you’d be if you didn’t start! A lot of people that lose big the first week often only lose a pound the week after so it all evens out in the end. Plus if you lost 3.5 each that is still one stone in only 4 weeks! 😍 The Coke Zero has also kept me on track at times! Hope you are feeling motivated today! Xx

hi girls

sorry i havent replied before

i was a bit peeved that i hadnt lost more but am quite proud of the fact that the disappointment didnt make me go and gorge on jaffa cakes : ) i am still on plan and yesterday morning - just 24 hours after weigh in and a dose of psyllium husk powder , another 2lb had fallen off. woopwoop.
you hear it all the time and we all give advise to others about how weight fluctuates from day to day ...but when it happens to you all common sense leaves you and youre convinced you arent like others and the diet wont work for you. the brain is a weird and wonderful thing.

anyway ... yesterday someone sent me a couple of photos of me on christmas day .... i admit i cried! but the huge roll of fat under my chin, the spread around my midriff and my podgy hands have spurred me on to stick with this and get healthy once and for all. ive stuck a photo on my fridge as a reminder.

hope youre all having a good weekend. i had my first festive christmas bar last night ...wasnt impressed!!!! got my first and only keylime shake today ... i really hope i dont like that either seeing as theyre discontinued : )

have a lovely day all

xx

Hey slushy,

It is so hard when you find yourself disappointed with your loss for the week, we all do it.

Glad you are another 2lbs down and you didn't go on a jaffa cake binge - well done for that!

Dxxx

Hi ladies!
First post...I love trawling through the forums, so encouraging! Thought it might keep me going to get involved 😁
I’m on day 6 having my first weigh in Friday, fingers crossed for a good loss.
I’ve done Cambridge before and had great results, determined to stick with it as I’ve put on so much weight over the last few years, I don’t even like leaving the house 😩.
I’m SS at the moment and hope to continue that for at least 4 weeks. Interested to know if people have less loss with the food packets than just the shakes?
How are you guys doing with it, any update?Xx

Hey Hoslbebe,

I'm currently on day 4, came off plan at the weekend but feel like I'm in the zone now.

WI tomorrow but might delay that to Sunday, will see how I feel about it later on.

I'm step 1 at the moment so 3 products a day and will do this up to and including 21st February.

Dxxx

Back