Hello!! New and sceptical

aimee_es

Hello all,

I joined SW on wednesday, and have been studying the book and website ever since, it sounds like an absolutely fab diet, BUT i genuinely don't see how i could possibly lose weight!!

I'm having a red day today, and have just polished of a lovely grilled steak, with salad, and brown bread HEb.

My hubby's been asking me how it works that i could eat that much and lose weight... and i just couldn't answer him!

i really feel like i must be doing something wrong, and interpreting the plan differently to how i should be!

I can't wait for next wednesday, hopefully i'll have a big shock, but i can't see it happening personally.

I suppose i'm just looking for some reassurance. Hope you don't mind

Aimee xx;)

Hi and welcome, the plan does work, and you can eat until you are satisfied. Everyone on here is proof that it works, there are target members who have lost lots of weight. Don't worry, i'm sure you will have a loss next week x

Definitely! It's boosted my metabolism no end. I eat far more now than when I was stuck at the same weight for months and I'm coming up to my stone since joining in November. It does seem amazing but it's eating plenty of the right foods that does it. Good luck for Wednesday x

Hi and Welcome.

My hubby is the same as yours, he can't understand how I can eat as much as I do and still lose.

I started on 1st October and have lost 2 stone 8lbs, so it does work, and I don't go hungry by any means!

Good luck on Wednesday

Hi i did slimming world last year and it really does work, i understand what u mean tho cuz when i first started i felt the same how could i eat soo much and still lose weight but i did lose weight and was always full xx

Ah thanks ladies, everyone i've spoken to says its such a good plan, and it really does seem great, i guess its just nice to hear from people who have seen real results!!

Good luck with it, most people find it hard to take in initially, but once you start seeing results for yourself you wont care why or how, youll just be glad it works hehe! xx

Food Optimising works because Free foods are relatively low in calories and either good at filling you up quickly and/or leaving you feeling full up for longer....it's all about satiety.
Basically you will never go to bed hungry whist you're with Slimming World (and men usually think that diets won't work unless you suffer...huh! shows what they know!)

I was very sceptical too when I started, to the point where I decided I probably wasn't going to lose weight, but at least I'd be eating more healthily. But yeah ... 2st gone in 8 weeks, so I think it works! :D

Hello all,

I joined SW on wednesday, and have been studying the book and website ever since, it sounds like an absolutely fab diet, BUT i genuinely don't see how i could possibly lose weight!!

I'm having a red day today, and have just polished of a lovely grilled steak, with salad, and brown bread HEb.

My hubby's been asking me how it works that i could eat that much and lose weight... and i just couldn't answer him!

i really feel like i must be doing something wrong, and interpreting the plan differently to how i should be!

I can't wait for next wednesday, hopefully i'll have a big shock, but i can't see it happening personally.

I suppose i'm just looking for some reassurance. Hope you don't mind

Aimee xx;)

Hi Aimee

Trust me, you'll lose if you stick to the plan.

Make sure you're having your Healthy Extras every day, and using your Syns - it's easy to miss out on those at first because there's so much Free Food, but from what I've read around here it's important to have them.

Definitely works. This plan really suits me because I am ALWAYS eating. I'm a picker... I don't just sit down to three meals a day, I nibble all day long. And I am losing. It's a case of blind faith to start with... it doesn't seem like it will work but it does. Keep a food diary to start with to make sure you are having the correct amount of syns, and your Healthy Extra A&B choices, etc. Just til you get it all straight in your head. But it DOES work... amazing but true!

Back