Hello!! Newb to this forum but not newb to forums.

Shimmies

Well I got the same story as pretty much everyone else here probably. I started my weight loss challenge back in 2005. In the previous 2 years to that I had developed a heart condition, which is scary itself, but then one day I happened to step on the scale out of curiosity. It read 209lbs!! That in combination with the heart condition, I swore on the spot that it would never hit 210lbs.

I am happy to report that it never has hit that number or come close to it. Over the last 7 years I have managed to lose 45lbs all on my own. I have never used a "diet" nor weight loss programs such as weight watchers, etc. I have lost this all on my own through hard work, cardio, weight training, and planning out my eating plan for the day. I have lost it old school and through a lot of trial and error. In 2011 I met my future fiance and over the year I didn't notice myself putting back on 20lbs. I realized when my clothes no longer fit me and then I stepped back on the scale :eek: I had gone back up to 184lbs from 164lbs!! Well I just got right back on my plan and I am happy to report that I have since lost 13 lbs and on my way back towards my goal. My fiance is very supportive of me and my training.

In the past I was a member of a weight loss forum but when I went to University for my Masteres degree I didn't have the time anymore. While my fiance is supportive of me, neither he or my family are in the exercise/weight loss mind frame and that makes it difficult to talk to them about things. I am now to the point that I need the support again and to be able to share with others what I have learned over the last 7 years to help them. I hope that this forum is full of active members and I look forward to meeting you all and conversing over so many topics relating to weight loss. :D

Keep an eye out for me on the boards cause I'll be around and active daily!

Last edited:
Well done on your weight loss you must feel great and most importantly your health will have improved by all your hard work x

Thanks :) Yes I have to say I have never felt more healthy physically and mentally. I can really tell now when what I ate is giving me trouble or causing an off day. My body really does not respond well at all to lots of sodium and why I get dehydrated just a little bit.

Back