Hello: Newbie following SW

sleepymum

Silver Member
Hi Folks,

Just saying a quick hi!
I have been following WW for many years off and on, and lost 21 pounds this year following the old points system. However I have really lost my way with it and I have realised that while I eat within my points, it hasnt changed the way I look at food. I am always thinking of food and what low point food I am going to have next.

So I have decided to bite the bullet and change to Slimming World. I have joined online as there are no classes near me (yet!!!). I am a bit nervous as I really want this work and I feel that it is something that will fit in easier with my family life. At the moment I am cooking 2 dinners, which is a right pain! I just hope that I dont put on weight due to the change over, but if I loose 8.5 pounds in the month of June I will be happy as it will bring me to 12st 13.5 (Breaking into the 12's yipee!!!!!).

This site has been a great find and there is some really inspirational stories! - Well done everyone!!!!

Anyway, as you can see I love to yap!!
Sleepymum

Hi Folks,

Just saying a quick hi!
I have been following WW for many years off and on, and lost 21 pounds this year following the old points system. However I have really lost my way with it and I have realised that while I eat within my points, it hasnt changed the way I look at food. I am always thinking of food and what low point food I am going to have next.

So I have decided to bite the bullet and change to Slimming World. I have joined online as there are no classes near me (yet!!!). I am a bit nervous as I really want this work and I feel that it is something that will fit in easier with my family life. At the moment I am cooking 2 dinners, which is a right pain! I just hope that I dont put on weight due to the change over, but if I loose 8.5 pounds in the month of June I will be happy as it will bring me to 12st 13.5 (Breaking into the 12's yipee!!!!!).

This site has been a great find and there is some really inspirational stories! - Well done everyone!!!!

Anyway, as you can see I love to yap!!
Sleepymum

Hi there, I am just exploring the Slimming World Forum, as I will be moving back here when I have lost few more stones on my current diet.
WW never did anything for me, I would lose few pounds then lose motivation. However SW seems easier to manage, there is thread on these forums, started by Capricorn, I think you should read through it. There is wealth of information in there which will help. Good luck:D

Last edited:
Thanks a million for the welcome.
Have started to go thru the information on Capricorns thread, brilliant advise.
Started officially this morning, so fingers crossed it will go well.
Love reading other diarys, so I am thinking of starting a diary for a couple of weeks, so that I can get advise on my menus and maybe it will make me stay good.

Back