Hello :) Newbie (Go Lower)

e_lucy

Just wanted to say a quick hello. I am so pleased to have found this forum (thanks to my friend Louise for the tip off!) Started on day one of the Go Lower programme today. Must admit I have really struggled. I have been on every diet / "lifestyle change" out there - and here I am again. But this time the main difference is before I was always indifferent about losing weight, I didn't really care that much but now I am determined to drop the excess 4 stone by the time I am 30 ...

Anybody else on the Go Lower or Low Carb programmes would love to hear from you - also best of luck to everyone! I am so familiar with just how HARD this weight loss marlarky is !

xxx

Hi e Lucy

Great to have another Go Lower dieter on here! There are quite a few of us Go Lower people on here.

I've been on the diet since mid-September and have been doing really well on it. I did find the first few days harder as my body was going without my usual crap intake! I'm now in the swing of things and find it really easy.

What's your favourite food so far? How yummy are those chocolate brazil nuts!!!? (life saviour!!)

Let me know how you get on, if you need any help drop me a line.

Just to let you know, there is a Go Lower thread on here too.

Fantastic about a Go Lower thread. I did try and search for one but didnt have any luck. If you could point me in the right direction that would be awesome.

So far today I have had the granola, brocolli soup and then the Beef Bourginon for tea. Loved the beef bourg ... wasnt keen on the others. They didnt send me the chocolate brazil nuts yet as I am on the detox for a fortnight ... sound better than the pork rind anyway :sigh:

Will go in search of the Go Lower thread again

: x

Thanks Mini for pointing eLucy in the right direction to the Go Lower thread as I wasn't sure if I could just copy and paste the thread but obviously I could have...... Doh, not the brightest when it comes to techno stuff!

Well Lucy how are you doing? I love the chicken dishes, but them I have always been very fussy about food, hence one of the reasons I put weight on as I eat lots of rubbish.

Just wait for those brazil nuts, being a chocoholic I just adore them.

Keep me updated on how you are doing and I try to get on at least once a day so I am always here if you need me.

I see your goal is for your 30th, how long have you got? My big goal is my 40th where I want a big party to show of the new me! Vain I know.....

Hello e lucy,

:welcome2:
Welcome and good luck to losing the weight, we are all in the same boat so if you need any help or advice just ask and we will be more than pleased to help. :wavey:

Hi Suzy

Had to finish the Go Lower a couple of days ago. Still hadn't lost any weight and wasn't feeling very well. Visited my doctor and he said that ketosis would never work for me due to some medication I take that means my liver will continue to produce glucose. Oh well, it is just shame that Go Lower do not ask any medical questions. It didnt cross my mind to ask them either - but would have saved me a lot of money ... and hassle ! I am now following Weight Watchers.
Work is great by the way ... one and a half snow days. the life of a teacher is a happy on in bad weather :)

L xx

Hi Lucy

How are things going now?

I am really surprised about GL as they asked me all sorts of medical questions and if I was on any medication before they even sent me my first box of food.

Which diet is it you were doing with them? Mine is the one to lose more than three stone.

Glad you have enjoyed your snow days. I have also managed a couple. Snowmen and sledging in the park yesterday with the boys.

Back