Hello! Newbie here!

Hi all.

My name is Kate and I am on my very first day of Xenical. I'm very, very nervous about it.

I have about 6 or 7 stone to lose. Have tried many diets in the past with slow and frustrating results. Am struggling to get the weight shifting this time around and so I have been placed on Orlistat.

Frankly, I am terrified of 'disgracing' myself in public and so I will probably ask 101 annoying questions - the first being just how bad are the oily patches? Do I need to take spare underwear and trousers to work?

I had a bit of a lurk on here last night and saw that you were a lovely bunch. I also see you have had some great successes. I look forward to sharing this experience with you.

Love Kate x :newbie:

When I was on xenical I didnt have any 'accidents' but if you are not eating fat based food you shouldnt have
I must say I was on it for 2mnths and only lost 6lbs, and as I was eating lots of salad and veg I cant help thinking I would have lost it anyway
However everyone is different so good luck Kate with you weight loss journey.
I am waiting on a by pass

Love Jay xx

Hi strangelady,

I am on day 2 on the over the counter version of xenical. I really, really watch the kcals and fat in the food for the fear of having any 'accidents' where I work I cannot just go to the loo if I need to I HAVE to get cover which could take 2mins or ten so I am being so careful. I watched my mam put away cream cake today and she decided not to take her second pill but I think she is mad I would not take the chance at all. I put my hand out to take a slice of cake and the thoughts of pooin myself had me took my hand back in :p Yterday I gave out to her for not counting the fat of the food before she ate it as she told me she had roast potatoes and roast beef which had been cooked in oil!!! I'm worried for her now and think she may get the side effects as she is not being strict on the fat...

Hi there and welcome :D I was on Xenical for a year and had no side effects whatsoever. As long as you stick to a 5% fat diet ( lots of label reading I know..but worth it lol...so 5% is 5g of fat per 100g food product, and on the label you are looking at total fat content), and keep your meals to no more than 15g of fat per meal, you should have no side effects at all :)
Good luck :D
xx

Hi there!!

I've been on it for about 2 weeks now, and no problems at all. You may feel a little more urgency about going to the toilet once in a while, but nothing serious.

Just keep to a very low fat diet and you shouldn't run into too many problems :)

I started mine on a Friday night so I had the whole weekend to adjust if needed, but I was fine.

Enjoy your stay, they're a great bunch :)

Jon xx

Hiya and welcome, i am in week 4 now and no nasty effects i do see oil when i go but my toilet movements havent changed at all, i have not actually known anyone who has had any nasty accidents as most people are sensible with it. I think the problem with people who have these nasty accidents are that they thing you can carry on eating the normal junk and that the tablet will get rid of the fat!

Good luck on your journey xx

Thank you...

Dear all,

Many thanks for the supportive messages. It is great to have somewhere to get advice from other users.

I'll try and keep you posted on how I do!

Love Kate

Hi and welcome. I've only had 1 oil issue but it was at home, but I carry round spare knickers all time in my bag just in case

Welcome Kate & Good Luck xX

Hi Kate
I've been on Xenical 2 weeks now, and haven't had any hideously embarrassing moments yet, as I'm keeping the fat right down....but any new underwera I buy in the next few months certainly won't be white. I've just been chatting to my boyfriend Rich about it...and he asked about the colour of the oil...I chose to describe it as old style Lucozade orange! It used to be one of my favourite colours lol...now I'll never be able to associate it with anything other than Xenical . Small price to pay though

H xx

Hallo everyone :)
I am on my 3rd Xenical day and was on Alli for a week before that, no mishaps at all but i am being very careful, I was going to treat myself to a cookie last night but looking at the total fat content changed my mind...the healthy diet is what loses the weight, the thought of having an embaressing mess is what makes sure I am eating healthily! Which is good cos deep down I know what I shouldn't really eat but my will power has been absent for a year or 2, this is making me feel a lot more in control...weird eh?
Anyway, good luck x

Hallo everyone :)
I am on my 3rd Xenical day and was on Alli for a week before that, no mishaps at all but i am being very careful, I was going to treat myself to a cookie last night but looking at the total fat content changed my mind...the healthy diet is what loses the weight, the thought of having an embaressing mess is what makes sure I am eating healthily! Which is good cos deep down I know what I shouldn't really eat but my will power has been absent for a year or 2, this is making me feel a lot more in control...weird eh?
Anyway, good luck x

DITTO :p Describes exactly how I feel about this diet!

Back