Hello! Newbie looking for advice...

Hi there nice to 'meet' you all! :)

Ok so, I shall try to tell you my story without boring you all to death, I've struggled with my weight since I was a child and for many years I have struggled with depression and comfort eating is pretty much how I've coped. I'm 23 now and thought it was about time I sorted my life out! I've moved a few hundred miles away from where I grew up to get a better job, I've tackled my depression by starting medication and I have also joined a gym - I have a very active job anyway and think that if I ate like a normal person I wouldn't need to do any additional exercise but I'm very keen to build my strength as I work in a male dominated environment and well...I want to be able to keep up to the boys basically!! :girlpower:Also I'm a very competitive person and I think it's something I'll enjoy even when the novelty wears off because I like the idea of meeting goals and beating my previous records and the like :)

Sooooo the scary bit...feel bad for admitting this but it has to be done - I'm 5ft10 and the gym weighed me in at my induction at 17st7lb :eek:

Phew, that wasn't so bad...

Anyway, my healthy weight is a maximum of about 12st apparently so I need to lose 5 and a half stone which sounds A LOT I would really like to lose 3 by Christmas and the other 2 and a half by this time next year so that by next summer I am at my ideal weight...do you think that is achievable??

Also, if you could give me any advice on the food side of things that would be great, any diets you've had success with etc? I have heard the 5:2 diet is really good I'm just not sure I could manage that given my job is so physical and I also have low blood pressure therefore already prone to dizziness and fainting :( does anyone have any experience with this? Do you think I'd still be able to do it or is there another way you think would be more effective...my main problem is will power when I get home from work - I just want to stuff my face all evening, also I live within 30 seconds of 4 takeaways and 3 food shops :argh:

Anyway, hello all, look forward to getting to know you all :)

Hi, I'm new here too.

Good luck to you and I think your goals are achievable. They are not easy but you're taking the first steps at least.

Hi and welcome. I am a newbie too. Good luck for your journey. :)
I think the 5:2 would not be a great one for you if your in a high physical job. Have you considered something like the dukan diet? High protein.

Back