hello pregnant and joining slimming world

jazz86

hello i have already posted in pregnancy section before i saw that there was a slimming world section

im just over four months pregnant and am due to start slimming world this week

i have about 5 stone to lose is it true that i can lose weight while pregnant ? and can i join before i get a note from midwife ?

also anyone who has been while pregnant any advice, stories i would love to hear from you

xxx

heya! I lost exactly 4 stone during my last pregnancy using slimming world so it definitely works. i started at about 8 weeks pregnant and lost every single week. i weighed exactly 3 stones lighter at 9 months pregnant than at 8 weeks and the other stone was my weight the WI after the birth. Sadly i didnt keep at it and ended up gaining all again over the years but it was fantastic during my pregnancy as i was able to cater to cravings as well. good luck! x

i never had a note from a midwife... i didnt think you needed it? my son just turned 6 so i dont know if thats changed but as slimming world work so closely with midwives i doubt you'd need one. someone else will be able to confirm. xx

thankyou for replying ! , i am really looking foward to starting , hopefully il have some sucess aswell xx

Congratulations to you, and welcome to SW and the forum.

i was told when i was pregnant i wasnt allowed to do it which now i am upset about as its taken me 5 months to get back to my pre pregnancy weight!

Good luck hun.
xx

I've just found out i'm pregnant - the week i'm going to be joining SW. Does anyone know if its safe to east the activia fat free yogurts (eat them normally and know they're free)??

Hello,
I'm 5 months pregnant and I've put on 2 stone from my pre pregnancy weight so i've decided to start SW too. I'm only on day 2 but so far so good. I struggle in the evenings as I always want toast before bed! Han Xxx

Welcome to all the mummies to be!

We have a pregnant lady at our class. She joined during her last pregnancy and continued to be a member. She announced she was pregnant again last week.

I spoke to her about it out of interest and she said that she lost weight throughout her last pregnancy. The only thing she did not stick to was her HEA, as she needed the calcium. She also said that if she felt her body needed something, she didn't go without it.

She didn't mention a doctors note. Good luck with your slimming and pregnancy!

Hi everyone...

Hi everyone... So glad I found this thread. I am 17 weeks pregnant (with my fourth) and having gained almost a stone due to that bleugh feeling in the first 12 weeks, have decided to join SW. It would be great to have some support and advice from those mums to be in the same boat!?

I lost a 1lb my first week, but gained 2 the following week after a surprise anniversary weekend away (oh dear). I have a challenging week ahead too as we are taking the kids away camping, which never really allows for cooking from scratch etc, plus a part of me really wants to relax and enjoy myself (as much as a pregnant lady can) on holiday. Will try though :)

Anyway, it would be great to hear back from anyone who is pregnant and trying to keep an eye on the weight gain. We can chat all things SW and general bump stuff too....

As I say am away from tomorrow but will be sure to check in when I get back..

Love

Sxx

:family2:

Back