Hello! Slimming World & veggie/vegan?

VeganSW

Hi

I am new on here but not new to SW. I decided try and go vegan a few weeks ago. So far it's been a mix of vegan + vegetarian removing the dairy content completely is really hard. Slimming World doesn't really - as far as I know - cater all that well for vegans. I am feeling my way through each recipe and modifying as I can. Previously found their vegetarian meals a bit bland. I like my spices and strong tastes. So I've had to get much more acquainted with my herb/spice rack since removing meat!

Has anyone else done this? Right now I'm not at group but I've done it long enough to know how a SW diet should work. I probably need to count my syns better but it's a faff. Right now am just struggling with finding the right meals to make and learning new recipes

Looking forward to reading your stories and trying out new recipes! :)

Last edited:
Hi Vegan SW. I'm veggie who eats a lot of vegan food. I tried eating vegan in my first week on SW but really struggled as so much has a syn value (don't get me started on soy yoghurts) so went back to eating dairy with a view to cutting it out when I get closer to target. Hope you're doing better than me.

Hi, I just wanted to say hi! I am also a vegetarian, part time Vegan :/ and I have a few recipe ideas here www.notrabbitfood.com which are all vegetarian, and SW friendly. I struggled so much with finding things to use my A's on, and to find food that curbed my cravings for savoury, rather than sweet. I started this blog to help out my fellow vegetarians on Slimming World- really hope it helps x
Georgina x

Hi

I am new on here but not new to SW. I decided try and go vegan a few weeks ago. So far it's been a mix of vegan + vegetarian removing the dairy content completely is really hard. Slimming World doesn't really - as far as I know - cater all that well for vegans. I am feeling my way through each recipe and modifying as I can. Previously found their vegetarian meals a bit bland. I like my spices and strong tastes. So I've had to get much more acquainted with my herb/spice rack since removing meat!

Has anyone else done this? Right now I'm not at group but I've done it long enough to know how a SW diet should work. I probably need to count my syns better but it's a faff. Right now am just struggling with finding the right meals to make and learning new recipes

Hey! I've been vegan almost 2 years now, from full meat eater, and on SW for about 6 months properly, yes a lot of meat replacements, veggie burgers etc have syn values, but its all because they're pre-made, a lot of the meat versions would have syns too. Its annoying that the yogurts etc have syns, but they are really low. and all speed food is vegan, and 90% of free food is vegan, so there's lots to be eating.
My spice rack increased tremendously when i went vegan, but i ate a lot of processed already spiced foods before.
I find the best way of me staying on plan and under syns, is to make a huge pot of food on a weekend, split it into portions and freeze it. Easy free food on hand!

Hi

There's me! I'm vegan. Hope we can connect and help each other on this. ☺️

Hi, I just wanted to say hi! I am also a vegetarian, part time Vegan :/ and I have a few recipe ideas here www.notrabbitfood.com which are all vegetarian, and SW friendly. I struggled so much with finding things to use my A's on, and to find food that curbed my cravings for savoury, rather than sweet. I started this blog to help out my fellow vegetarians on Slimming World- really hope it helps x
Georgina x

Will check your blog out. Any vegan recipes?

Back