Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Hello, so glad to find this forum!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ness, 26 August 2009 Social URL.

1. Ness

Ness The Weight Loss Monster

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.53%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi

My name's Ness and I have just started loosing weight with Weight Watchers two weeks ago. I've lost weight with them before (lost 3 stone in 6 months about 7 years ago!) and I really do love how they work.
    I'm finding it hard this time round. I had a hysterectomy a year ago and I also have to take large amounts of steroids for an auto immune disease. I'm pleased because I lost 4.5 lbs last week and I'm sure I've lost this week too (fingers crossed I find out this evening!) but everything seems ten times harder this time.
    The weight just melted off last time and I really enjoyed myself. This time I'm counting and over analysing every point I eat and I'm exercising (walking is all I'm able to do right now) like mad. No matter that I know I haven't cheated, I still feel as huge as I did before I started.
    I went onto the WW site forum to ask how the menopause and steroids slow weight loss down but their forum is a bit all over the place and I wasn't comfortable.
    Anyway, this seems an awful lot like I'm over sharing, so sorry about that. I'm just really pleased to have found such a friendly, well organised place where people are in the same boat as me. It can be so flaming lonely dieting! :wave_cry:
    I look forward to chatting to everyone. :D

Ness

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Maria SW

Maria SW Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.49%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Welcome Ness. Best of luck! 4.5lbs is brilliant for the first week! Good luck for weigh-in tonight. I'm sure you'll have another loss. xxx

4. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Good luck with WW

Irene xx

5. Ness

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.53%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thank you both very much. This is such a supportive and friendly place that I know it's going to help me with my healthy eating. :)

6. CuddlePaws

CuddlePaws Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(5.69%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Good luck Ness, it looks like we are all in the same boat on this forum! Seem to be a lot of seats on board too lol, but at least we have each other :)

7. Tiitanium

Tiitanium Gold Member

Start Weight:
    23st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    12st11lb(54.91%)
    Diet:
    Low Fat/Exercise
    how did your weigh in go? x

8. Ness

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.53%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi Cudlepaws & Piink

Lol Cuddlepaws, yes there does seem to be a lot of seats on this boat... all extra large for comfort :)

My weigh In was a dissapointment Piink (I've moaned already in the WW weigh In section), I only lost 0.5 lbs and was just gutted but I'm over it now. At least it was a loss I suppose :rolleyes:. I was a wee bit shocked because I had really stuck to the diet and a couple of other people at the meeting had cheated rotten all week but lost more... thems the breaks I suppose!

I measured myself and was really chuffed to see that I lost at least 5 cm's all over... so I MUST be getting fitter :D. I'm glad I didn't do my usual and get disheartened, quit and eat twice my body weight in chocolate!:eek:

I'm confident (after a fashion), that I'll do better this week!;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.