Hello Strangers! (from down-under) Returning to SS

Professor

Guess whos back...
Well its been 4+ months since i think i last posted, NO i havent passed over, i am still alive and well. BUT i am now down-under.
NO not bleeding OZ, but lovely quaint New Zealand. :D

I been here living in NZ for 3months now, and sadly in the time i kind of stopped my CD back in the UK i have pretty much regained about 80% of what i had lost previous on SS (i did lose 5+ Stone) mainly due to a new world, a new life and just not being in the mindset to diet and had other things to occupy my mind! Hell who i am kidding, excuses, excuses eh :sigh:still upping and moving your life to the other side of the planet is a pretty major life upheaval.

Anyhow i still need to lose loads! (8-9 stone) and want to get back on a VLCD again and SS to a slim me again, i have got myself in the mindset now and all ready to give up my kiwi pies (blimey the average kiwi shop sells 100s pies a day, there mad on em! tut tut) and get back to my shakes and gallons of water a day, and feel good again.

Cambridge Diet is avaialble sort-of here, but they have NO counsellors at all in NZ. So all counselling etc is by email/phone and they post out the packs etc. SO i will be needing "forum counselling" guys and gals! :p I am just trying to sort out CD with them regards shipping costs etc which may be a bind, but if all goes well, hope to get back onto SS in the next 10-14days, i will keep you posted.

There is only one other VLCD i think here in NZ, its called "Optifast" and can be bought in some chemists and mail-order quite easy, so there is maybe another option, but i would prefer to stick to CD as its done me so well in past.

Niether VLCDs here have local counsellors, so should be fun! :confused:

Anyway its good to be back! Hope your all well, and Hi to any newbies who have arrived since i last posted...

PS: Have to post some pics my NZ views etc, and show you all why you should emmigrate to kiwi-land!
PPS: Bonus of living here also is i can support 2 teams in the world cup! (Rugby) and one of them quite likely to win too! :p

Hello there. I've never "met" you on here before but just wanted to say good luck for starting CD again and wow, NZ sounds amazing, I hope you will be really happy there!

Oooooh you lucky ducky!!! I was in NZ in 2004 with a view to emigrating but in the end, I couldn't face leaving my family behind (I know - I'm a wimp!)

Whereabouts in NZ are you? We spent six weeks there - four of them on the South Island (Christchurch being our 'city of choice' if we decided to move out). I wasn't a great fan of Auckland although that seems to be the place where most people move to.

Good luck on your new journey to slimdom ... I know it can seem daunting doing it without a counsellor but to be honest, some cousellors don't 'counsel' as much as others - getting some suport of some kind is the important thing and you'll get heaps of that on here.

Looking forward to swapping Kiwi stories with you - I'm a great fan of NZ and had such a fab adventure: I'd love to return one day.

RE: RussianDoll

Live in Kelson (a hilltop suburb 15km from Wellington)
About 1000ft up side of a hill!

Home:

Attachments

• n612989458_219803_3763.jpg
    n612989458_219803_3763.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 35
  • n612989458_219805_4407.jpg
    n612989458_219805_4407.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 31
Gorgeous! I remember those big ferny tree things (can't remember the name) all over the place. NZ has a certain 'feel' to it ... laid back, spread out and different in a way that's hard to put your finger on. I loved it.

It really struck me that practically everyone lives in a bungalow and the roads were so WIDE! Streets here with their terraces and nose-to-nose parking feel so claustraphobic in comparison. It took quite a bit of adjusting when we got back. One woman we met just couldn't get the concept of a semi-detached house. She said "You pay all that money for HALF a house??" :)

We only stopped at 'Windy Wellington' to catch the ferry across to the South island so didn't get to see much of it. I saw a bit more on TV on Billy Connolly's 'World tour of NZ'.

Did you have much of a problem getting the visa?
PS
I know this is a weight loss forum so sorry for rambling about where you live but I could talk all day about NZ. To get back on topic - how's the weight loss going?

hi,were going to perth in the next couple of weeks.Ive got 5 stone to loose and need to get this weight off.
How long have you been there

Perth as in Oz? Nice, bit warm there for me! lol
I stick to New Zealand (and spiders cant kill you here! /gulp)
I been in NZ 3months already, how time flies eh!
Must stop hijacking my own thread!

-Russiandoll, i will have to PM to chat! lol

Please do Lee ... or we'll just bore the pants off everyone on the forum with NZ prattle!! ;)

Hey Lee ~ we've not 'met' on here before so hello from Norfolk. Hope you can get it sorted so you can get back onto a VLCD and as for the lack of a counsellor, you already know you'll get loads of support from coming on here.

Nice pics of your home too ~ please do tell all about life in NZ, wish I had made that kind of decision to emmigrate many years ago when I first considered the option. Like RD I just couldn't face leaving my family behind coz my kids were with their dad and wouldn't have come.

Now they are all grown up I'm too old :D Can see why you chose NZ, I mean spiders that can kill you :eek: that's just not on.

hi yeah perth in oz ,yeah i luuuuuvvvvvvvvvv the heat.Im debating doing cambridge for a couple of weeks now before i go as i suffer with my back and it sooooooooooo helps when im lighterxx

Well as an update, still not had any replies from "Cambridge Diet" team over here down-under (was that grammatically correct?) after 10days waiting for them to get back to me, and when i did last speak to them, i gather i would have to order packs from Oz and wait for monthly deliveries with expense of courier post etc anyhow.

So with that in mind i have opted to go on an almost identical VLCD called "Optifast" when is available over the counter here (with weekly checks in the chemist by the pharmacist). So i went in today, got taken out back and blood pressure etc etc done. All is good i have 42 packs to get me under way, i am going to go out in style tomorrow (Tue) and start back on Sole Source (albeit a diff brand product, but 100% same as CD) Wednesday morning.

My New VLCD is here: https://www.optifast.com.au/template/aboutOptifast_01.jsp?visitedAboutOpt=_2

Surprised in weigh in that even after not doing CD for 5months and i have guiltily ate all junk under the sun in that 5 months i still have only regained 3 stone of the original 5stone i lost on CD. So still 2 stone down, and thats a good start to get on with eh! Bloody weird trying to get my head around metric weights though! The aldy weighed me etc and told me the KG, and asked what i was before and i just shrugged that i knew it in stones! And when she asked my height (before she checked it) i again had no idea at all in CM, ah the joys of a new life in a new country!

NOW, i know i am technically not on CD now, but as many old friends and counsellors in here, i hope that moderators etc dont mind me keeping you guys up to progress still in here?

(Now must go make a new ticker for my signature etc!)

Back