Hello Y'all, Goodbye Belly!

BrightonMark

Trying... Really Trying.
Hey Guys and Gals.
I have been mooching around the forum for a while now, mainly on the Slimming World forum as that was my previous diet. I didnt find I was particularly enjoying the diet though and soon started to cheat etc. However being a massive carnivore I am loving Atkins so far. I still find it odd being able to fry things and use butter and the like but the scales don't lie! I lost about a stone just on cutting down calories and getting out and about on my bike but have been on atkins for the last few days and have continued to lose weight. Now down 19 pounds so very happy with that!
Just wanted to say hey and hope to hear from all you Atkinsers, Atkinisers, Atkiniphiles and Atkinthusiasts!
So far loving crustless quiche and finding it a really good thing to cook in bulk and take in to the office for breakfast. Also shocked at the sneaky carbs they have been slipping into meat products all this time without me knowing! I swear diets like this really expose the contents of our foodstuffs!
Kind of keeping my diet a secret at the moment as I know there are alot of nay-sayers about the Atkins and find it easier just not to tell them! Anyone else like this?
Looking forward to speaking to/hearing from you all!

Hi mark...well done you...I love Atkins ...I'm on day 7 but feel so positive about it no more counting calories yippee....good to see you here ...think it's a great diet for men ....they normally are big meat eaters ....yeah I don't really mention that I'm on Atkins ....can't be messed about with the negative comments etc...and to be honest no one need really know....I also,like it cos I can go out for a meal and still stick to the plan ...minus potatoes or whatever...crust less quiche ....I used to make that all the time when I was doing slimming world...havent tried it yet maybe I will make one tomorrow...I used to make mine with cottage cheese but think now will be cream and eggs yum yum yum...was thinking that I could make that donner kebab recipe (slimming world) have u tried that ?

Good luck mark

Angie x

Hiya, I've just started on low carb (loosely based on Atkins) and am also amazed as have lost 3.5 lb in 3 days, I lost a stone recently doing exant, so being able to eat like I am and lose weight is brilliant! Just been out for a family lunch and had a 10oz rump steak with salad and a cheese board! Brilliant! ( I limited the crackers to 2 lol!).

I worry that I'm eating too much fat, but am loving the fact that you can have frem in coffee!

Hi Mark... glad you are enjoying Atkins so far ;). I am just coming back to it after a break of 6 months, during which time i didn't pile all the weight back on as everyone said i would, so happy. I found my time on Atkins became ingrained in me to some extent, even when i wasn't on the diet i would still seek out protein foods and couldn't be bothered eating bread and potatoes... it becomes second nature, unlike some calorie counting type diets i've been on in the past where you find yourself obsessing over food constantly and hating it. I actually prefer to eat Atkins than other stuff, love a nice steak and veg with a generous helping of melted butter on the top... mmmmm... heaven.

Hi :)

Crust less Quiche sounds immense , any recipes or quick ways to make :)

Hi :)

Crust less Quiche sounds immense , any recipes or quick ways to make :)

Hey Skywalker.
Soooo easy!

Quichy bit is made from about 6 eggs beaten with a dollop of cream, and some butter if you want, (sorry I dont really "do" measuring on this diet) till its similar to what you would make an omlette out of. Mix in grated cheese.
As for the fillings just fry up some bacon, chicken etc or any other meats you fancy, with maybe an onion or works well with spinach, put that in an lasagne style oven dish after buttering it (to stop it sticking) then just pour the eggy mixture over the top, top with more cheese if you feel like it and bake at about 180 till golden (20-30mins).
Wait till its cool to slice, freezes pretty well, and is great to just cut a chunk for breakfast or have it with salad etc.
Its just so easy and tastes amazing!

thankyou Mark that sounds very nice i may have to experiment with this too, glad you are enjoying Atkins, long may it continue x

Back