Hello yoyo dieter needs motivation

Bridgee

I've been yoyo dieting since .... Oh I dunno! Approximately 12 years! Yikes! Didn't realise it was that long till now and thinking about it! Haha! I'm not very confident in person and really want to loose some weight. At my biggest I was 16st 9lbs I've had children (that's the yoyoing) well most if the yoyoing! Some yoyoing was after I became comfortable in my relationship and let myself go! But it has to stop now. Normally if I get down to a certain weight I can maintain quite well unless pregnancy comes! Lol! But for now I need a fast but healthy weight loss I'm going back to college in September to do more hairdressing and all the others are tiny! I'm down to 13st 11lbs currently but when ordering my size 18 uniform and everyone else ordering 8's and 6's made me feel a tad "standing out" I don't want to stick up like a sore thumb I want to blend in and get my confidence back! I'm 5ft 2 so need to loose quite a bit! Always say I'm not fat I'm just too short for my diet lol but I have to stop now. I started 2 days ago the meal replacement drinks in tesco it's like slimfast and will prob be using both so a slimfast diet any welcoming would be great and sorry for blabbing on for a huge introduction

Bridget

Welcome along :) I assume you have found the part of the forum for that type of diet.

There is nothing wrong with standing out. Loosing weight for health is a good idea. However, I know that I will never be anything less than a size 12. I know that I can't loose any more weight with out looking like a bobble head. So bear in mind that comparing our selves to others is not always helpful.
My aunt looks really ill when she is super skinny. She looks like a dose of the runs would kill her lol
I think your goal wait looks ok, I'm no expert. Though.

Bear in mind also, that BMI dosn't take into account body type. I have big shoulders. I'm not a slender tall girl. I'm a big tall girl lol
I noticed you said sorry for the long intro!! it's your intro! you can write what you want to :D :D :D what your comfortable with.

confidence is literally all in the mind. You are just as deserving to be happy as everyone else :) and don' t need to apologise unless you have actually done something wrong ;)

I hope you find the support your looking for hear. It is a really good site. Diverse bunch of people as well. we are all just human go figure hehe.

Good luck with your journey. My advice would be to write a list of why you are doing this for when it gets tough. There are suggestions on the site with things that could go on it.
Its tough but worth it :D
Every time I try on new smaller clothing I feel just that little bit less horrid. lol

See you about :)

Hello,

I'm overstepping here, but I wanna share some thoughts. Perhaps you yo-yo, because you diet. If you want to lose it fast, you'll do things you can't keep doing, like these shakes and stuff like that. The moment you stop it, you'll perhaps put the weight back.

If you'd accept to go slowly, perhaps you'd increase your chances to never put it back.

I don't know much about dieting, but I've read a lot of diaries here of people who lost a lot, then put it back on. I'm just trying to figure it out. It's so, so unfair!

It's just an opinion and only you know what is good for you.

Whatever you do, I wish you success!

Thank you for your replies. I only tend to yoyo in weight when I have a child (I have 4) otherwise I've just been steady with my weight but with my last child I got quite big. I used to be 9st once upon a time and felt comfortable. I've set it as my target but keeping in mind I've since had children. My body has changed and I might not feel comfortable that small. I'm only 5ft 2 so a few lbs on my frame is quite noticeable when smaller. The last time I did slim fast was about 5 years ago and I lost the weight then switched to healthy eating and kept it off but then had my third child (all planned by the way - the children not the weight lol) I've been following slimming world for a whole since the birth of my last daughter about a year ago (she is one in June) and it's been working and I'm quite happy with the loss I have had I just want something to speed things up a tad. So slimfast ext .. When I've got down to a weight I'm happier with I plan to switch back to healthy eating. My husband has had the snip so no more babies to cause the yoyo in weight

Then you know how to do it. That's fantastic.

Good luck with your slimming plans!

That was meant to be a smiley face not a question mark not sure what happened lol tried to edit it but can't find how to do it in app

No worries. :)

Back