Hello

gaz316

New here, tried to post yesturday but run out of time.

My name is Gareth, I am 30, married with two kids.

I started to diet back in January 2009 needing to lose a crazy amount of weight, I started at 22.4 stone, I joined Slimming World in July this year after losing 3.5 stone by myself, and I have lost nearly 1.5 stone at Slimming world.

Hopefully my details are working right to the left to show my details and how much I have lost to date.

I do mostly green or red days, I tried extra easy but put some weight on.

I belong to a group in Aldingbourne in West Sussex, it was a new group so I have found it very helpful, wouldnt mind some more men at group through as only two of us currently.

I have set myself a target of 15 stone, which means I need to lose another 2.6 stone to reach it, my wife has also been joining me and has lost 3 stone.

Hi Gareth and Mrs Gareth!

Well done on the loss so far and you will easily reach that target before you know it!
Is your wife prepared for the fact that men loose weight faster then women??? ;)
Good luck and welcome on board!

Hi Gareth and welcome along to our merry little forum!!

You're lucky there are 2 fellas at your group to be honest, we get 2 at ours out of about 50 girls and they don't always both come.

Men are very much welcomed though, we love them at our group!

Hi Gaz and welcome to MiniMins.

You and your wife are doing fantastically!

I'm Becs, 27 and mummy to my 5 year old daughter and 7 month old baby boy. Last year i lost 2.5 stone and fell pg on holiday with baby and stopped going to group. I re-joined in April this year and struggled to lose - but did lose a stone, then went on Holiday and had two rubbish months with myself, partner and daughter all admitted to hospital for various things.

I re-joined this morning and have put the stone i lost back on :-(.

Never mind - onwards and upwards :)

My main aim is to lose about 4 stone.

Good luck! :)

Hello and well done to you both on the weight you've lost so far. Welcome to the forum xx

Hello there and welcome to the forum, well done on your weight loss so far, good luck for your continuing weight loss.

Hi, Gareth, I am new to this site as well, you have done better than me by posting a thread, I cant work out how to do that yet, I did try earlier and had typed up a comprehensive overview of my little journey but it didnt seem to have posted! I joined SW bout 3 weeks ago, I have struggled to get it around my head, I have about 4.5 stones to lose and have only lost 4lbs to date, keep posted to this site because it really does spur you on. Not only can you get lots of good advice, you can also give it and be an inspiration to others. You have already inspired me with your weight loss I hope in the coming months I could be in that position too. good luck

Back